Lt. Commander
# 11
07-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Since season 4 i can't play the dam game!!! crash after crash... i disable the dll stuff, reinstall video drivers and the game and nothing... i'm so fedup.... so so fedup... FIX THE GAME!!!! i haven't played since the update.....
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-16-2011, 10:49 PM
TRIED AGAIN AND NOTHING!!! WTH
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Im having the same issue, game crashing as I try to log in, talked to friends even CS no eval.Come on guys, figure something out. I dont know what else to try to fix this other than say the hell with it.
Lt. Commander
however i still have the same issue ... crashes 3/4 of the way thru the Atari loading screen.

Still not solved.

I don't wish to cancel my subscription i actually love this game... but looks like I don't have many options left. It's really disappointing.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-18-2011, 03:21 PM
I think the title for Season 4 should have been Missfire; I was only able to get into the game once over the past four days. The game is just failing every time I try to start it and it won't fix itself. I even reinstalled the game (the reason I was able to get back in using SAFE MODE), and now it is back to failing everytime I try to log in. However, I can get into EQ2 without any problem, which means this is definitely a Cryptic problem. I will be excepting compensation for their failure.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-19-2011, 07:04 AM
I got same problem, though I can log in ans select my char. after about 1-2 min in game it crash and say " gameclient.exe has stopped working

Go no Idea what is is worng, is all startede after I downloaded the new update today befor I updatet it was working fine.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-19-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm getting game-client.exe errors too. No matter what I do it wont work. I recently rejoined and haven't played in 10 days...no response I'm getting aggravated.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-20-2011, 04:26 AM
I've been running into and reporting this since season 4 went up on Tribble. So that's three weeks before it all moved to Holodeck. Apparently they just don't care enough to even acknowledge there's a problem.

Fortunately I've a lifetime subscription, so no pressure to cancel, I can afford to wait, and Age of Conan's gone free to play, so I've got a way to pass the time till then. If it's ever fixed, and in time for me to not have lost interest completely.

And by the way, if your problem is indeed the exact same as mine, there is a slightly bothersome workaround. One I've simply gotten tired of using. If you delete your GamePrefs.Pref file, from the STO/Live/Localdata folder, that'll let you start up the client for one session. You can log out and switch characters, but if you close the gameclient, next time you try to start it, you're back at square one, having to delete the prefs file. Which also wipes out your graphics settings every time. So unless you've got a PC running 24/7 and can just alt-tab the gameclient away when you're not playing, you're probably going to get just as tired of it as I have.
Lt. Commander
# 19 things that have helped me
07-20-2011, 08:02 AM
I also get this repeating error about the gameclient and stopping working.

What I've seen work: disabling (closing) x-fire. I've met other users that this has helped. Not everyone runs x-fire, though.

I've heard that Steam can be causing issues, as well, and heard it suggested that running the game outside of steam can help resolve this. I do not run the game through Steam, so I cannot comment on that one personally.

Lastly, on the game's launcher, there is an 'Options' link at the very top, while you're signing in. If you click on this, on the little pop-up page there is a text box for 'advanced options'. Inside the text area there, I have added "-console" (which is a sort of debug/data console). This option has allowed me to run x-fire at the same time, and eliminated 99.99999% of my crashes =)

I hope that this information can somehow help someone. I also hope that whatever happens because of this console being open, can be implemented to work even when it's not open :>

Regards
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-20-2011, 03:24 PM
By the way people, if you by chance have Teamviewer on your computer it will BLOCK sto from running I just turned mine off and works!
Closed Thread