Lt. Commander
# 11
07-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreodred
Don't touch the star cruiser design, i am serious!!
Just give them the same stats as a assault cruiser, but don't mess around with its design, please.

Live long and prosper.
Relly?! Assult crussier is probley the worst RA-VA crussier in the game the star crussier is much better why ruin it?
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworoth View Post
Some have said they are ugly, when i first started playing sto i agreed with that, but after awhile. I saw the genius in the design. There are a few art aspects of the star cruiser variants that could use some tweaking.

The Nomad is the only star cruiser that has an aft shuttle bay/launch bay. In most if not all Federation star ships they all have a aft shuttle/launch bay. Could it be possible to tweak the Avenger, Vanguard, and Emissary variants to include a aft shuttle bay.

The Nomad is a good solid star cruiser design except on the bottom. You have 3 areas with what appears to be a open areas exposing a strong blue light. I do not mean the deflector dish. These areas are vary large. My problem with this is they take up a good percentage of the bottom ot the Nomad class. Such open areas on a ship seems foolish to have especially in a combat situation. So any chance of enclosing those areas with hull plating.

A final note the star cruiser is supposed to be the tip of the spear for federation star ship design, yet it is in most respect smaller then a Majestic, or a Galaxy class star ship. Is there any chance you can enlarge the Star Cruisers some. Obviously you cant enlarge them too much lol. Enlargement in size on some areas would be nice.

Thank you for your time.
Well if they did revamp the design of the say avenger class I would probley move the impulse engens into the warp nacele pylons but I think the shuttle bays look fine on it now. Seesm some what carrier like but its cool.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-12-2011, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Jacobson00
Relly?! Assult crussier is probley the worst RA-VA crussier in the game the star crussier is much better why ruin it?
How so?
The assault cruiser has 3 tac consoles, and one ensign tac, instead of a ensign sci.
I find that much more useful than a ensign Sci and a sci console slot.
I havent found a ensign sci power that can generate as much damage as a Torpedo high yield, beam overload or even FAW, for example.

So claiming that the Assault cruiser would be the worst Tier 5 cruiser is bold to put it mildly.
Next time someone claims the tier 5 excelsior would be a even worse ship. LoL

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-12-2011, 06:54 AM
"Well if they did revamp the design of the say avenger class I would probley move the impulse engens into the warp nacele pylons but I think the shuttle bays look fine on it now. Seesm some what carrier like but its cool."

I wont pretend i have ever seen the shuttle bays on those star cruiser designs, are those indents on the side of the hull, supposed to be the shuttle bays? Sorry i just always thought those indents were well just plain old ship plating.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreodred
How so?
The assault cruiser has 3 tac consoles, and one ensign tac, instead of a ensign sci.
I find that much more useful than a ensign Sci and a sci console slot.
I havent found a ensign sci power that can generate as much damage as a Torpedo high yield, beam overload or even FAW, for example.

So claiming that the Assault cruiser would be the worst Tier 5 cruiser is bold to put it mildly.
Next time someone claims the tier 5 excelsior would be a even worse ship. LoL

Live long and prosper.
Staying alive is much more useful you can do more damage alive then dead. Also I think the exselsiors are worse lol
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworoth View Post
"Well if they did revamp the design of the say avenger class I would probley move the impulse engens into the warp nacele pylons but I think the shuttle bays look fine on it now. Seesm some what carrier like but its cool."

I wont pretend i have ever seen the shuttle bays on those star cruiser designs, are those indents on the side of the hull, supposed to be the shuttle bays? Sorry i just always thought those indents were well just plain old ship plating.
Use avenger hull then look at it side view those things on the side are shuttle bays
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Nice, i ended up going back to my assault cruiser for better turns , but ill check that out. Theres always something to learn
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-13-2011, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Jacobson00
Staying alive is much more useful you can do more damage alive then dead. Also I think the exselsiors are worse lol
All Tier 5 Cruisers have very good survivability, so removing an ensign sci won't make that ship totally easy to destroy, but on the other hand a tac ensign can give you much better offensive powers, IMHO.
But all that depends just on your/mine playstyle, but stating that the Assault Cruisers (or T4 Excel) is a worse ship that the Star Cruiser is just wrong (besides the looks).
I think there are a lot of players who would happily disagree.

In my opinion the star cruiser AND the Assault cruiser should have both instead of their ensign sci/tac a universal ensign slot.
The same with their consoles 2 tac consoles, 2 sci consloes and 1 universal.
So everyone could choose the ship he likes and not just the BO/ Console layout.

OT: i am not completely against adding a shuttle bay to the Star Cruisers, as long as the old versions are still availlable.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-13-2011, 12:33 PM
I actually think the Star Cruiser is beautiful. Well, the one I put together anyway, using a mix of Avenger/Emissary and 1 Vanguard part I think. Especially like what looks to be shuttle bays on the sides of the main body, not seen that on my other ships so far. As for the standard configurations, I find that none of them for any of the ships are perfect, the ships turn out best when mixing a couple parts I think.

EDIT: Somehow mistook Vanguard for Nomad o.O
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-14-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm with you on the, "don't change the Star Cruisers" bit except maybe add something to the ventral side of at least the Emissary saucer. It just looks a little plain to me in relation to the dorsal side of the ship.

I don't think the star cruiser is a wasted ship model. My main flies a star cruiser and I love it on her. I tried an assault cruiser, and I tried the Gal-X and it just doesn't fit. Don't change the Engineering or science slots, either, because I really like having that extra team heal. It is also possible to have offensive science abilities.

Now, having another model for the assault cruiser class, I'd like to see that. I like the designs already in the game for that, but I wouldn't mind seeing a more Star Cruiser, or RSV-esque look to at least one model.

My main is a tactical officer that plays a combat support role in space, so healer/tank and I find the Star Cruiser is great for that play style. No, her build doesn't usually generate extremely high amounts of DPS, but I do find that my star cruiser and others like it are typically hard to kill, and with a good hold combination they can be quite deadly.

On my sci/DSSV and my tac/Raptor, yeah I freaking hate Star Cruisers in PVP, because they can be so impossible with the right build, and if they have a good team those other player ships around it are much worse than photonic fleet.

Being a tactical officer, I find the blue windows on my engineering hull are no more threatening than the large windows on the engineering hull of Constitution class starships. If I have torpedoes getting through my shields, I have a lot more problems then some windows in the engineering section. Besides, this is a giant Starfleet vessel that has over 1000 people aboard, and is designed for long term space exploration as its primary function. There might be compartments on my ship that don't necessarily have to do with engine operation.

Some gratiutious love to the ol Stellar Drift, and Star Cruisers in general:

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...5-07-21-41.jpg

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...5-07-24-27.jpg

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...5-07-25-24.jpg