Lt. Commander
We have temporarily disabled The Foundry on Holodeck. Thank you for your patience! ~The Star Trek Online Team
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CrypticOps
We have temporarily disabled The Foundry on Holodeck. Thank you for your patience! ~The Star Trek Online Team
It's actually been disabled since yesterday, correct?

Any rough ETA on how long the downtime will be?
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Left hand, meet right hand...

or

Is there something else going on? These blunt messages are quite mysterious to me as a player.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Most likely this was posted so it shows up on the launcher since it's all tied together.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-09-2011, 03:09 PM
If it is to prevent accolade farming as well as adapting for ground combat 2.0, I might actually use the foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
If it is to prevent accolade farming as well as adapting for ground combat 2.0, I might actually use the foundry.
there's no real way to cheat grind accolades, if you kill something on the foundry you still killed it and if you take damage it was still taken
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
Accolade farming? What is that?
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KappaTau
These blunt messages are quite mysterious to me as a player.
Cryptic even.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollywog View Post
It's where people set a mission up that has no story, just a gauntlet of NPCs to help people get the accolades from killing 100 Romulans or whatever. Fedside it's hard to see how you can get through the game without getting the accolades, but I can sorta see why some KDF players may resort to these shenanigans.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollywog View Post
People creating missions that have, say, lots of Hirogen, for example, to get the Hirogen kill accolade.

There were initial problems with people using tricks to kill lots at once. That's been mostly resolved but it peeves some players who hunted exploration clusters for enemies that people can just drop 100 in a map.

Personally, I think if you kill them, you kill them. As long as you aren't using any tricks for easier kills, it doesn't matter. The accolades are for killing, not searching out enemies, and you could just as easily repeat missions to get the accolades now that we have replay. (The truly old school accolade hunters had to figure out how to do it without the Foundry OR replay, which meant among other things that they'd go looking for extras of some enemies on mission maps.)