Lt. Commander
# 11
07-10-2011, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
People creating missions that have, say, lots of Hirogen, for example, to get the Hirogen kill accolade.

There were initial problems with people using tricks to kill lots at once. That's been mostly resolved but it peeves some players who hunted exploration clusters for enemies that people can just drop 100 in a map.

Personally, I think if you kill them, you kill them. As long as you aren't using any tricks for easier kills, it doesn't matter. The accolades are for killing, not searching out enemies, and you could just as easily repeat missions to get the accolades now that we have replay. (The truly old school accolade hunters had to figure out how to do it without the Foundry OR replay, which meant among other things that they'd go looking for extras of some enemies on mission maps.)
Couldn't agree more.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-10-2011, 03:49 AM
Second question: What r Accolades good 4?
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-10-2011, 04:36 AM
@ Scorpy: Boasting about accolade points.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-10-2011, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
Or sometimes unlocking a title or trophy. ... I think.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-10-2011, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpioking78 View Post
Second question: What r Accolades good 4?
a 2% buff on somethings with some accolades and some shineys with some accolades, nothing epic
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-10-2011, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
a 2% buff on somethings with some accolades and some shineys with some accolades, nothing epic
AFAIK this 2% is only something 4 PvE and doesn't work in PvP so its pretty useless for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
Sounds very op.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-10-2011, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
It's actually been disabled since yesterday, correct?

Any rough ETA on how long the downtime will be?
It's actually been down since about 3 hours after the patch went live. I was working on a mission when it crashed, and thus, lost all my data. Peeved me enough that I just threw the whole idea in the trash. I'm guessing it's down to tweak everything for Shooter Mode, and probably a mob cap per mission thanks to the accolade farmers, but still, mentioning it's down without a reason why isn't very good PR.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Strangely enuff, only the "Founder Foil" accolade gives you 2% damage bonus on everything.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkonis
It's actually been down since about 3 hours after the patch went live. I was working on a mission when it crashed, and thus, lost all my data. Peeved me enough that I just threw the whole idea in the trash. I'm guessing it's down to tweak everything for Shooter Mode, and probably a mob cap per mission thanks to the accolade farmers, but still, mentioning it's down without a reason why isn't very good PR.
couln't agree more
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkonis
I heard that S4 somehow broke something like 80% of all foundry missions so it's definitely worth taking offline to fix. Something to do with objectives relating to dialog buttons or something.