Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
07-11-2011, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Maybe those people were running very specific setups designed to go with their team and not well fit for pugs? I have two characters that are good for pugging, and two that are hopeless at it.
One would suspect they would change a BO or two when pug'in then, or atleast play their "PUG toons"

Oh well.. Its possible I guess
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
07-11-2011, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
One would suspect they would change a BO or two when pug'in then, or atleast play their "PUG toons"
That's what I do. When it comes to practicing on my healer, the more hopeless a team I get stuck with the better :p

But what if I feel like playing my tac? Mine doesn't have self heals, and isn't even really spec'd into them. All that I care about is doing as much burst as possible while being hard for the other team to control -- but that only works if I have at least some support.

That being said, I'm sure there are some less skilled people in visible PvP fleets, but it's not always as simple as "Hey, this guy isn't doing good right now. I guess he actually sucks."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
07-11-2011, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
That's what I do. When it comes to practicing on my healer, the more hopeless a team I get stuck with the better :p

But what if I feel like playing my tac? Mine doesn't have self heals, and isn't even really spec'd into them. All that I care about is doing as much burst as possible while being hard for the other team to control -- but that only works if I have at least some support.

That being said, I'm sure there are some less skilled people in visible PvP fleets, but it's not always as simple as "Hey, this guy isn't doing good right now. I guess he actually sucks."
Mmm..

With some basic resist skills you can be really really resilient in Escorts (or other ships without multiple heals)

My Tac Defiant doesnt have a single hullheal.. 2x EP2S, PH and Tractor, but I do use PH/Brace and Subspace Field quite liberally, and always have a armorslab equipped (usually Neutronium)

My Tac Excelsior have 1 ET1 and 1 HE1, rest are basic skills (EP2S), Offense (DEM+EP2W) and resists (PH/Brace/SFG)

Both ships are pretty resilient, and I can focus on avoiding the cannonarcs, instead of focusing on healing myself.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
07-12-2011, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
And dont worry, you are probably in ignore list of much more people, than you have in your ignore list. :p
Thatís so funny. For a start, the last time I checked I had a four figure ignore list. Secondly, it wouldnít worry me if every player in the game had me on their ignore list. Itís not as if I need or want anything off them and I certainly donít care what people think of me. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
07-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Gee
Thatís so funny. For a start, the last time I checked I had a four figure ignore list. Secondly, it wouldnít worry me if every player in the game had me on their ignore list. Itís not as if I need or want anything off them and I certainly donít care what people think of me. :p
Are you sure? You certainly want people to care for your opinion, otherwise, why bother voice it here? Unless Cryptic is not people perhaps?

Besides, I don't really get what the problem is with the Team. It doesn't even last over the instance of the map. If you can ignore Zone Chat, you can ignore Team Chat. Oh, maybe those team member icons annoy you. Maybe you can rearrange the HUD to move it further out?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
07-12-2011, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Gee
Thatís so funny. For a start, the last time I checked I had a four figure ignore list. Secondly, it wouldnít worry me if every player in the game had me on their ignore list. Itís not as if I need or want anything off them and I certainly donít care what people think of me. :p
You have and offer team buffs at least and can throw a heal on team mate in need....oh well, I forgot......you would actually help someone.... thats not what people do in team vs team games

Beside, if you do not care what people think of you, you wouldn't bother to write here in first place....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
07-13-2011, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Only semi-correct...

Ive run into many people from the top PvP fleets, that were worthless without their team.. Not "PUG worthless" but definately not what youd expect from a high profiled player in a PvP fleet.

On the other hand, there is just as many that are equally dangerous alone or in premades.
I definitely have to agree with this. Even if they are set up for team play, most ships should be able to swap out a few things and be good to go for pugging.

For example, in my defiant-rs, when queueing without a team I would have the ship set up to run away, with one copy of EPtS and one of EPtE, instead of two EPtS. The ship would also be outfitted with engine batteries and perhaps even deuterium while queueing without a team.

In a premade I switch out boffs or retrain them, and swap out devices and such to be more geared towards premade fights where I have decent support and don't need to run very often.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
07-13-2011, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spassenmord
I definitely have to agree with this. Even if they are set up for team play, most ships should be able to swap out a few things and be good to go for pugging.

For example, in my defiant-rs, when queueing without a team I would have the ship set up to run away, with one copy of EPtS and one of EPtE, instead of two EPtS. The ship would also be outfitted with engine batteries and perhaps even deuterium while queueing without a team.

In a premade I switch out boffs or retrain them, and swap out devices and such to be more geared towards premade fights where I have decent support and don't need to run very often.
I would actually argue that in premades (not that LF really play that much as premade, we're more of a loosely grouped bunch of players that happen to be from the same fleet), the other two escorts are far better choices.. I mean.. Once fighting, the cloak of the Defiant isnt that much use, and the Eng/Sci Ensign (or LtC Sci) slots and the extra console is so much more useful than a cloak and a Tac Ensign..

For Pugging, its the best Fed escort though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
07-13-2011, 02:11 AM
All it takes is one guy to screw up a whole match. I don't know how many times we were 1 man short of a premade and got spanked by another team, even a pug team. Gained another fleet member for our group and then went against the identical team again and had completely different results.

Hey Kirk, see this guy over here? We're focusing on him. Hey Kirk, see this cruiser over here? You are too far away for heals. Awe what the heck is kirk doing 20km out again getting 2x focused by those escorts ... I can't wait till this match is over!!

Sometimes all it takes to win a match is one more guy catching a heal and that little bit of extra dps to take down a focus target getting cross healed like a mother.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
07-13-2011, 05:38 AM
There are 2 maps that do not require joining a team. I would suggest you try them out. Kerrat and Otha.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:49 AM.