Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
07-13-2011, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Quoted for truth.

Ive lost count of the number of matches Ive lost because one jerk refuses to team up, and just blow up over and over (or run 90% of the match)..

It is kinda hard to heal people not in your team.

Id rather have them cloak in a corner and fight a 4 v 5 fight, than lose the 4+1 v 5 because one player refuses to work in/as a team.
Not to mention the "lone hero Defiant pilot" type; You can usually find him/her about 20 km from you, being pounded by a couple of cruisers and an escort, while stubbornly firing on the tougher of the cruisers (you know, the big prize!). You dart to the rescue, thinking that with two ships odds are that you'll be able to take out the opposing escort, or at least make it flee so that you could try to crack the now-stranded cruiser.

What happens next is the STO PvP equivalent of "Nightmare on Elm Street": You engage evasive maneuvers and switch power to AUX; Close under 10 kms, fire off a Dampening Field and give the poor Defiant some shields and a very solid brush of Hazard Emitters III. Turn around, zap the opposing escort with Tachyon Beam, bring its shields down completely by following with CPB + Target Shields, and when the death blow should come from the Defiant's dual heavyes, nothing happens: the firepower you counted on is zipping away at impossible speeds, 20 kms from you again, launching itself in the middle of another hopeless situation.

Just like the one you are in now, outnumbered, focus fired and with heals and Evasive on cooldown...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
07-13-2011, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by h3llr4iser View Post
Not to mention the "lone hero Defiant pilot" type; You can usually find him/her about 20 km from you, being pounded by a couple of cruisers and an escort, while stubbornly firing on the tougher of the cruisers (you know, the big prize!). You dart to the rescue, thinking that with two ships odds are that you'll be able to take out the opposing escort, or at least make it flee so that you could try to crack the now-stranded cruiser.

What happens next is the STO PvP equivalent of "Nightmare on Elm Street": You engage evasive maneuvers and switch power to AUX; Close under 10 kms, fire off a Dampening Field and give the poor Defiant some shields and a very solid brush of Hazard Emitters III. Turn around, zap the opposing escort with Tachyon Beam, bring its shields down completely by following with CPB + Target Shields, and when the death blow should come from the Defiant's dual heavyes, nothing happens: the firepower you counted on is zipping away at impossible speeds, 20 kms from you again, launching itself in the middle of another hopeless situation.

Just like the one you are in now, outnumbered, focus fired and with heals and Evasive on cooldown...
If I had a dollar for every time this happened...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
07-13-2011, 08:12 AM
Oh yes... the sad story of every healer out there. That's why I always have Deuterium Surplus just for me and me alone. To get out of such situations... and at the same time to get to the next player who thought it might be a good idea to start a 2vs1.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
07-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Quote:
If I had a dollar for every time this happened...
You had a lifetime subscription and near infinite respecs?

Or one of these Monocles in Eve.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
07-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
You had a lifetime subscription and near infinite respecs?

Or one of these Monocles in Eve.
Along with every costume.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
07-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
I would actually argue that in premades (not that LF really play that much as premade, we're more of a loosely grouped bunch of players that happen to be from the same fleet), the other two escorts are far better choices.. I mean.. Once fighting, the cloak of the Defiant isnt that much use, and the Eng/Sci Ensign (or LtC Sci) slots and the extra console is so much more useful than a cloak and a Tac Ensign..

For Pugging, its the best Fed escort though.
I was just giving an example. The benefit of the cloak is if things go south and your healer dies, or your team starts dying, or whatever, you can bail out and recloak. A cloaked alpha strike on a tac can easily evaporate an enemy ship. I see plenty of good fleet premades using defiants. Out of all escorts in the game, the defiant with a good pilot will die the least. Premades in my fleet also are more like "pugmades", so just whatever people are on and want to pvp, no set team or anything. Sometimes this makes a great group, other times not so much.

I think the multi-vector is a great premade ship, which is why I have it on my sci, and I pug on either my engineer or my tac. I also switch out boffs for pugging in that ship, but I used the defiant in my example because I fly it the most in pugs, and some of the people I was thinking of from these good fleets that aren't so good when pugging by themselves fly defiants.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47 Heheh
07-13-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
Simple solution, Don't Que up.
Use a private match, or play in Ker'rat
We Love Capt Kirks in Ker'rat
You can say that again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48 Lol
07-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by h3llr4iser View Post
Not to mention the "lone hero Defiant pilot" type; You can usually find him/her about 20 km from you, being pounded by a couple of cruisers and an escort, while stubbornly firing on the tougher of the cruisers (you know, the big prize!). You dart to the rescue, thinking that with two ships odds are that you'll be able to take out the opposing escort, or at least make it flee so that you could try to crack the now-stranded cruiser.

What happens next is the STO PvP equivalent of "Nightmare on Elm Street": You engage evasive maneuvers and switch power to AUX; Close under 10 kms, fire off a Dampening Field and give the poor Defiant some shields and a very solid brush of Hazard Emitters III. Turn around, zap the opposing escort with Tachyon Beam, bring its shields down completely by following with CPB + Target Shields, and when the death blow should come from the Defiant's dual heavyes, nothing happens: the firepower you counted on is zipping away at impossible speeds, 20 kms from you again, launching itself in the middle of another hopeless situation.

Just like the one you are in now, outnumbered, focus fired and with heals and Evasive on cooldown...
heehehe You engage evasive maneuvers in to a uneven fight and we are suppose to trust your skill in keeping a escort alive lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
07-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven
heehehe You engage evasive maneuvers in to a uneven fight and we are suppose to trust your skill in keeping a escort alive lol
Most likely, the guy receiving the heal doesn't even know what it is, he/she will go the "oh, my health went up! Let's run!" way. Guess it's shame on me for hoping the message "let's take this su..er down" came across
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
07-13-2011, 02:33 PM
I have an innate trait that actually causes a target in need of a heal to explode when I get within 10.1 km. They can be just fine the entire time it takes me to respawn and travel 60km but that last .1 km is like I catch the trip wire and they self destruct.

; ;
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:51 AM.