Lt. Commander
# 51
07-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I have an innate trait that actually causes a target in need of a heal to explode when I get within 10.1 km. They can be just fine the entire time it takes me to respawn and travel 60km but that last .1 km is like I catch the trip wire and they self destruct.

; ;
I have this problem as well.

I'll be within 9.98 and they'll blow up, sending all my heals to myself when I didn't need them.
Lt. Commander
# 52
07-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Quote:
I have an innate trait that actually causes a target in need of a heal to explode when I get within 10.1 km. They can be just fine the entire time it takes me to respawn and travel 60km but that last .1 km is like I catch the trip wire and they self destruct.

; ;
And that's why you always get shot at first.
Lt. Commander
# 53
07-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Gee
As I have already got 3000 unspent emblems , a few from PvP doesnít bother me.

Sorry just because you are in a team doesnít make you a big boy or girls. Personally I found players that team are normally lacking.

Looks like Iíll have to go back to playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 for a good PvP experience. At least there itís players skill that matters and what wins the game.
I guarantee you, people that play together often in battlefront2, are > random pugs.

Actually any game, where there are groups of people that get together to game together that side in a conflict will be > random pugs. Not only are they teaming frequently and know how each other fights, but often they will have internal group matches between each other to improve each other's skill sets.

The only game genre out there, I can think of where Teaming has no positive benefit on a whole is the Racing Genre and even that is arguable. Because even there, players that know each other will often swap setups, or give each other setup data, to replicate and improve on each other's cars.

I find the loner player is most often the most pathetic entity on a battlefield. They trumpet how elite they are, and then get it handed to them over and over again on the final scoreboard. Then they rage in pms, and then get it handed to them, over and over in a duel.
Lt. Commander
# 54
07-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
[...]
The only game genre out there, I can think of where Teaming has no positive benefit on a whole is the Racing Genre and even that is arguable. Because even there, players that know each other will often swap setups, or give each other setup data, to replicate and improve on each other's cars.[...]
Actually I think this is one of the most important parts. Fleets share their wisdom and in that way improve and adapt their builds much faster than a lone player. Which in the end shows in the matches. Yes you can learn some stuff from the forum and yes you can ask some good players for advice but fleets tend to not only work out new builds but also to test them together and this much faster than you can alone. Someone found a new way to make Aux2Bat useful? He will tell his fleetmates and the knowledge will start to spread.
Lt. Commander
# 55
07-13-2011, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
I guarantee you, people that play together often in battlefront2, are > random pugs.

Actually any game, where there are groups of people that get together to game together that side in a conflict will be > random pugs. Not only are they teaming frequently and know how each other fights, but often they will have internal group matches between each other to improve each other's skill sets.

The only game genre out there, I can think of where Teaming has no positive benefit on a whole is the Racing Genre and even that is arguable. Because even there, players that know each other will often swap setups, or give each other setup data, to replicate and improve on each other's cars.
In real world racing, it is known that sometimes drivers of the team cooperate indirectly, possibly working extra hard to hinder a foe at overtaking or similar stuff. Though that is not fair and against the rules there, AFAIK.
Lt. Commander
# 56
07-14-2011, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizonar
I have this problem as well.

I'll be within 9.98 and they'll blow up, sending all my heals to myself when I didn't need them.
Hahha yeah... Happened SO many times..

Usually my heals fail on the first few keypresses, and when they finally register, they blow up and the HE heals the hulk, and ET drops on myself.
Lt. Commander
# 57
07-14-2011, 04:07 AM
Quote:

; ;
Seems every healer has that trait. I'd trade in all of my regular traits if this get removed as well.
Lt. Commander
# 58
07-14-2011, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
In real world racing, it is known that sometimes drivers of the team cooperate indirectly, possibly working extra hard to hinder a foe at overtaking or similar stuff. Though that is not fair and against the rules there, AFAIK.
Well in F1 that whole Team Orders thing is pretty obvious in the Ferrari Camp

In American racing as a whole, the team mates often have very close relationships with each other.

I was more referring to videogames (since there aren't actual cooperative victories in games, at least I haven't played one yet with a 'manufacturer's title' or similar cooperative victory between players). But yeah.
Lt. Commander
# 59
07-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Seems every healer has that trait. I'd trade in all of my regular traits if this get removed as well.
You and me both.