Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 New Star Trek Videogame
07-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you enjoyed the 2009 Star Trek movie, you're probably looking foward to the sequel.
I was just surfing Youtube and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gbh4g3qJ3vk

It is real, and not some viral rubbish that some noob has posted.
By the looks of things it is more a 'Thid Person Shooter' kind of game, and therefore shouldn't compromise STO.

What is your opinion?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-10-2011, 09:59 AM
By the way, feel free to post any ideas on other Star Trek games, mods, and other game-ish stuff here.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Hope have to PC because I don't play consoles, graphics seems very good. But games based on movies normally are not very good.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-10-2011, 10:01 AM
This was announced leading up to E3 last month, and unveiled at the Sony press conference with the video you're seeing. It will be on PC, Xbox 360 & PS3 (PS3 gets an exclusive 'prequel' mission & a phaser move controller attachment.)

I think it has potential, and could be quite fun. I remain cuatiously optimistic about it though, as we all know how movie to video game adaptations turn out most of the time...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-10-2011, 10:23 AM
It is its own story.Set between the first movie and the new one.The game explores Kirk and Spocks relationship now that they are on the same side after the first movie, this shows them becoming friends. The game is also written by the writers of the second film and half of the first film, so there probably will be some sort of lead in to the new film. Its a 3rd person shooter with co-op in mind.Kirk and Spock work together in an army of two fashion only with a Star trek feel.Kirk is the brawler and heavy weapons guy and Spock has a more stealth/creative approach with stun settings, vulcan mind melds (having his foes attack each other), and playing little mini games to blow up conduits next to enemies or opening emergancy hatches sucking foes into space... so Spock looks cooler.Its for the consoles with PS3 getting the above mentioned prologue mission and the developers said it would be for the PC sometime after consoles release.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLAK47 View Post
Hi Everyone,

If you enjoyed the 2009 Star Trek movie, you're probably looking foward to the sequel.
I was just surfing Youtube and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gbh4g3qJ3vk

It is real, and not some viral rubbish that some noob has posted.
By the looks of things it is more a 'Thid Person Shooter' kind of game, and therefore shouldn't compromise STO.

What is your opinion?
If this is anything like Mass Effect I will be very happy. It looks good with a cover system and several weapon types so who knows. This game hasn't made it obvious that it is going to be subpar yet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7 As far as I know
07-10-2011, 11:31 AM
I think its designed to be a two-player co-op game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
I think its designed to be a two-player co-op game.
Meh.. not big on Third Person shooters....depends a lot on how well done the story-line is. Wait and see...

Oh, if it is mainly a console game badly ported to PC then that will be ever worse.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
07-10-2011, 04:15 PM
I'm only going to get it because it's Star Trek...well a Star Trek skin on a Call of Duty / Halo game.

I hate that the 2009 was allowed to be made, screwing over the true Star Trek we all grew up with....there was going to be 1 more prime universe movie....1 more, but no, we had to get JJ 's crappy one.

Quote:
Kahl
It is its own story.Set between the first movie and the new one.The game explores Kirk and Spocks relationship now that they are on the same side after the first movie, this shows them becoming friends. The game is also written by the writers of the second film and half of the first film, so there probably will be some sort of lead in to the new film. Its a 3rd person shooter with co-op in mind.Kirk and Spock work together in an army of two fashion only with a Star trek feel.Kirk is the brawler and heavy weapons guy and Spock has a more stealth/creative approach with stun settings, vulcan mind melds (having his foes attack each other), and playing little mini games to blow up conduits next to enemies or opening emergancy hatches sucking foes into space... so Spock looks cooler.Its for the consoles with PS3 getting the above mentioned prologue mission and the developers said it would be for the PC sometime after consoles release
Maybe I won't get it then. The story will suck horribly then
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
07-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Lol, a Star Trek first person shooter game.
Thats the true spirit of Star Trek.
*tripple facepalm

Live long and prosper.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:02 PM.