Lt. Commander
# 11
07-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
I'm only going to get it because it's Star Trek...well a Star Trek skin on a Call of Duty / Halo game.
Where do you arrive at that conclusion? It looks nothing like Call of Duty or Halo. Have you played either? If you were to say this about Elite Force, I could understand, although neither Call of Duty or Halo were around when it was first made.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-12-2011, 04:12 PM
By the way, seeing as we are talking about games, what are your opinions on Star Trek: Infinite Space.
I personally think the graphics are too colourful, the colours are wrong and for some weird reason, the space gameply is top-down style. On a positive note, I thought the release trailer was excellent (even though Starfleet and the KDF forgot to bring their shields with them).
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Quote:
I'm only going to get it because it's Star Trek...well a Star Trek skin on a Call of Duty / Halo game.

I hate that the 2009 was allowed to be made, screwing over the true Star Trek we all grew up with....there was going to be 1 more prime universe movie....1 more, but no, we had to get JJ 's crappy one.

JJ Abram's movie isn't what "killed" classic trek. what killed classic trek was the complete bankrupcy of innovation on the part of the writers.

Voyager and enterprise both failed utterly to utlize even a fraction of their potential to explore the universe from a differnt prespective
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Quote:
I'm only going to get it because it's Star Trek...well a Star Trek skin on a Call of Duty / Halo game.:
Auto-buy, really? That makes no sense whatsoever. Why buy something you don't like?

Quote:
I hate that the 2009 was allowed to be made, screwing over the true Star Trek we all grew up with....
You make seem as if it goes into every past Trek episode ever made and draws over them with crayons, making them unwatchable. Please, you can still watch "Spock's Brain" without any interference from the last movie.

--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreodred
Lol, a Star Trek first person shooter game.
Thats the true spirit of Star Trek.
*tripple facepalm

Live long and prosper.
When you consider that Starfleet officers have been shooting things consistantly since 1965 and that the word "phaser" is synonymous with Star Trek, then yes, it is. Sorry, but in order for people to have the good life within the Federation, there have to be people who go out and confront hostile aliens with equal hostility, a la guns and rifles <----- both of which are canon.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus_Prime View Post
When you consider that Starfleet officers have been shooting things consistantly since 1965 and that the word "phaser" is synonymous with Star Trek, then yes, it is. Sorry, but in order for people to have the good life within the Federation, there have to be people who go out and confront hostile aliens with equal hostility, a la guns and rifles <----- both of which are canon.
In addition to that, it's obviously not a first person shooter at all. I'm not sure how people are getting that impression. It's a third person co-op game, which is more or less exactly what you see with STO ground combat (particularly in shooter mode, but no doubt with proper hit detection & a duck & cover system).
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Much rather see Elite Force III, tbh.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-31-2011, 10:37 AM
It looks much like mass effect and about this or that movie/series that killed the true star trek I would add Voyager with the worst captain ever in trek history and the odd time 2009 movie where they screwed the time line....
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-31-2011, 04:16 PM
I'd rather see a new Armada RTS game.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-31-2011, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
Much rather see Elite Force III, tbh.
Agreed. A first-person shooter AND set in the true canonical Star Trek universe to boot. Its win-win with that idea.

Maybe the devs could consider an Elite Force-type team for STO as back-up for away team combat? But then again the standard away teams of 2409 are kind of like an evolution of the EF teams. They're definitely not the away yeams of the 23rd and 24th centuries because I certainly don't ever recall James Kirk lobbing out plasma grenades or B'Elanna Torres fashioning phaser turrets lol
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-01-2011, 01:37 AM
Hey infinite space looks interesting! I'm a sucker for browser mmo's.