Lt. Commander
# 1 Returning to the Game
07-10-2011, 10:13 AM
I played STO for about 2 months in the winter, and now that season 4 is out i've returned but there are still some things I don't understand about the game and hope someone can help me.
I'm currently a Lt Cmdr level 7, and I tried PVP last night because I have a mission set up that is having me fight in space war zones or whatever. So I zone in to a bunch of borg, but there is also player klingons there. Obviously we have to do whatever objectives the game gives us, but we also have to fight klingons? I don't really get it.
Another thing is finding a fleet. I'd really like to find a fleet that can help me learn some of the things that make the game more enjoyable. Help me with missions, learning to craft, help me form the best BOff team and use the best weapons. But when I click the "Find a Fleet" ingame, there are so many and so many seem so great. I feel bad joining and leaving, and then joining another and leaving just until I find one that has the type of community I am looking for. And I noticed there is apart of the message board here that lets people plug their fleet, but that is just a big pile of fleets too and i'm unsure a good way to go about choosing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Ker'rat, or however it's spelled, is an open PvP map where both Federation and Klingon players are competing with each other over completing the objectives basically. One side can interfear with the other to slow progress downa or even stall it completely.

I'm not entirely sure if this is accurate as I've usually run the Orta ground War Zone map instead on count of fewer players in it.

In terms of finding a fleet, I'd suggest scoping out the Starbase One section of the forums and possibly making a post there. A lot of the ingame fleets have information threads there and you can usually find what you are looking for.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Zero
Ker'rat, or however it's spelled, is an open PvP map where both Federation and Klingon players are competing with each other over completing the objectives basically. One side can interfear with the other to slow progress downa or even stall it completely.

I'm not entirely sure if this is accurate as I've usually run the Orta ground War Zone map instead on count of fewer players in it.

In terms of finding a fleet, I'd suggest scoping out the Starbase One section of the forums and possibly making a post there. A lot of the ingame fleets have information threads there and you can usually find what you are looking for.
Thanks.