Lt. Commander
# 11
07-11-2011, 11:49 AM
if the lib borg was the only incentive for u guys then its clearly a waste of money i mean if u never have to pay for it again whats wrong with gaining a new item if its changed
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantoliver View Post
if the lib borg was the only incentive for u guys then its clearly a waste of money i mean if u never have to pay for it again whats wrong with gaining a new item if its changed
Why not just put the new item in the Cstore? If you want a Liberated Borg buy a lifetime. Plain and simple. If they added something better to lifetime you would have the same arguement you are trying to make now that it should be in the Cstore.

In short, no.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-11-2011, 12:06 PM
i would feel better about it knowing it would "eventually" be in the c-store just like the "item" idea would eventually be on c-store as well it would be better with the constant change whether or not it would be a yearly change as long as it did. either way people would not complain about the next item as long as they got the first thing they wanted.

im guessing alot of players feel the way i do.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Quote:
i would feel better about it knowing it would "eventually" be in the c-store just like the "item" idea would eventually be on c-store as well it would be better with the constant change whether or not it would be a yearly change as long as it did. either way people would not complain about the next item as long as they got the first thing they wanted.
Or you could shell out the money and buy a lifetime sub. It really pays for itself.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-11-2011, 12:12 PM
why would u object that the borg be put as a vet reward like 700 or something like that.
would u say the same about the captains table were it not a vet reward?

and if it was priced like 2000 atari tokens i think cryptic would get quite a bit of money like previously said it would still be an incentive
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Quote:
why would u object that the borg be put as a vet reward like 700 or something like that.
would u say the same about the captains table were it not a vet reward?

and if it was priced like 2000 atari tokens i think cryptic would get quite a bit of money like previously said it would still be an incentive
Because I paid for a lifetime subscription to get it and you rather pay a small amount in comparison? Seriously buy the lifetime.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-11-2011, 12:23 PM
in the end its about cryptic making money not us saving it, they may bring out the lib borg as a way of making a large amount of money.
the fact that u never have to pay money again is meant to be the incentive and because of this option cryptic will lose money in the future the borg is just the addition that they can replace if they want to.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-11-2011, 12:25 PM
When I first started playing, there were people who had liberated borg toons and I said to myself "It's be neat to have that."

So, eventually, when I had some money to play with... I bought a Lifetime Sub and got the Liberated Borg.

And I was happy.

I still am happy.

The Liberated Borg gives those of us who went that extra step something uniquely ours that sets us apart.

That being said, they're not game-breakers.

If they charged 2000 tokens for them, they might make a good amount of cash, but I assure you that 2000 C-Store tokens costs WAY less than the $300 I shelled out.

So if other people started getting the liberated borg captains for the $25 or so that 2000 tokens costs... I would be seriously angry, feel very cheated and would likely never play again, cursing everyone who made me 'waste' so much money.

If they DID decide "Hey, let's put the libbies in the C-Store and just give the Lifers something ELSE..." it would have to be something really, really GOOD to not incur my wrath.

[Edit: Just looked it up. 2000 tokens is $25 USD. That's a HUGE discount over the $300 that I paid.]
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-11-2011, 12:28 PM
i really do see all ur points and im sure that if they did do that then id probably be angry too...
im gonna get lifetime anyway lol...cant beat em join em...sorry three of eight
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-11-2011, 12:32 PM
i still think they need to modify the lifers sub, not getting rid of the borg but adding something else for a change like a unique Bridge officer, item or weapon