Lt. Commander
# 11
07-12-2011, 05:54 PM
I would so make a Ferengi toon IF I could utilize latinum more...

energy credits, blah ;P give me that gold pressed stuff! hehe

a holo pet that looks like a vulcan!? hmmm
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-12-2011, 06:51 PM
The whole latinum system could be a great credit sink if they only added better stuff. Honestly a buff that only lasts 15 mins is not worth 5 hours worth of staring at a dabo table.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-13-2011, 04:01 PM
I love playing Dabo. Alas, there is nothing appealing to me that is available to purchase with Gold Pressed Latinum. Mayhaps open up more vendors with various items (and ships) that can only be purchased with latinum across the universe. Mayhaps this could be an avenue to purchase different species-specific ships. Travel to Ferengenar to buy a ferengi transport ship, or travel to Bajor for one a Bajoran light vessel. Travel to Cardassia to buy a cardassian ship, and so on and so forth.

Then have missions, which deal with Gold-Pressed Latinum trading species, sometimes award some latnium instead of energy credits. There are so many possibilities and if done right, could be an awesome complimentary second currency just like it is in the Star Trek Universe.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-16-2011, 04:34 AM
Please post your support for Latinum!

There are quite a few things that could be done with it if they just considered it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-16-2011, 04:29 PM
I know one of the dailies allows you to bargain for the hostages by paying 1000 GPL as one of the optional ways to complete it. One of the Defari Dailies, cannot recall which. More quests that involve latinum, both spending and gaining, would be a good first step.

This was the main reason, when I first seen the quest I only had a few hundred latinum, I went and got addicted to Dabo with Leeta. Was let down to find that it is the only quest (that I know of) that has a use for it. I do not care for the holo emitters or the trophies. I'll probably buy the trophies whenever I strike it super rich.

(Note: I do like the trophy system of the ship. Love the Q chair! I just meant I don't have any urge to obtain the ones available for latinum)

Definitely need more uses and better integration with the economy.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-17-2011, 06:05 PM
I think latinum should be able to be exchanged on well... the exchange. And latinum would buy ferengi items, and black market items (items from the opposite faction).

So if you're a Fed, you use Energy (replicator) credits for phasers, but if you want a disruptor you'd have to go to a neutral station like DS9 or Drozana and buy it with latinum.

It would provide more distinction between the facttions.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-17-2011, 06:22 PM
I only played Dabbo to get the Accolades. I would love for Latinum to mean more & be more usefull in STO. It's such a wasted opportunity that was missed here.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-17-2011, 09:28 PM
How bout Latinum to buy stuff for your Captain's Quarters? My personal quarters is so bleak and lonely and devoid of creativity....I want a lirpa hanging on my wall!
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-17-2011, 09:47 PM
How about using it to bribe Ferengi for secret trade missions similar to First Contact missions, that aren't quite Federation approved - Fed players can apprehend the contraband, and KDF players can get some shiny new, slightly illegal, weaponry. Would also give players a reason to play Dabo more.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
Buy a ferengi shuttle? sure! Buy common items, maybe. Blue Rares, and Very Rares? I'm not so sure.
Rule of Acquisition number 102: Nature decays, but latinum lasts forever

Sidenote for fun, number 192: Never cheat a Klingon ... unless you're sure you can get away with it.