Lt. Commander
# 11
07-11-2011, 06:27 AM
I wouldn't want it to take up one of my slots :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-11-2011, 06:28 AM
Ideally, once you have created and submitted the mission into the review queue, it would be removed from your slots. Another quick though would be to give Foundry authors one slot that would be "Publish to Cryptic". This slot would be just as it says and instead of building into the game, would go into some form of review queue. Additionally this slot could be 'locked' initially for Foundry authors, and only become available after creating a mission or 2, or some other criteria that could potentially give a user time to learn the mechanics enough to make something more than 'click a console and win'
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
That's the beauty of it though. If we could submit the patrol for consideration, then we wouldn't need to keep it as a slot. If our patrol isn't picked, we'd delete it or maybe expand it to a full-blown ugc mission.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-13-2011, 04:33 AM
Love it. I'm in.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-13-2011, 01:10 PM
This is a great idea! I think it could work for exploration missions, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
IMO, If devs ever take up integrating UGC, a great incentive would be rewarding authors additional slots.
Lt. Commander
1.) It needs to be strictly supervised and edited so that it remains true to the cannon.
2.) It remains neutral and aligned to the current events of the Path to 2409.
3.) Grammar and spelling need to be thoroughly scrutinized.
4.) The individual missions need to be a certain length. They canít be full blown episodes that that hours to complete.
5.) They must the equally distributed between both factions, not one favored over the other.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
3.) Grammar and spelling need to be thoroughly scrutinized.
I wouldn't hold your breath for this one. Some of Cryptic's own missions, including remastered ones, have spelling errors. I always put in bug reports but I've never seen any of them fixed. If I recall correctly the remastered Doomsday Device even has one in the text of the cut scene.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-14-2011, 06:43 PM
It would be great of Cryptic thinks about it, I am so tired of doing the same missions over and over and over again. Explorations have the same boring missions, Deep Space Patrols are mind-numbing boring, and we got the Foundry which makes STO fun. They should consider mixing the two.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-16-2011, 08:11 PM
I think it would be good if they took the mission that they liked, hooked it up as a patrol that randomly happened when you did that planet in the normal flow of the game and then gave you an additional slot as a reimubursement/reward.

That way, you wouldn't be "down one slot".
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-16-2011, 09:38 PM
Great idea, Kirkfat. I'd be in 110%.

I also like the idea of the "submit to Cryptic" slot.