Lt. Commander
# 21
07-18-2011, 12:47 AM
Before that, why not let the community make KDF patrols/sorties?
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-18-2011, 05:41 AM
Well, the idea would be to replace/add to all patrol missions. I will say though that I have no desire, personally, to be hamstrung into only creating Klingon missions/patrols. THe biggest hurdle still sitting over the idea is, how would a mission be judged 'good' enough to replace the existing content? Cryptic 'seems' to already be stretched pretty thin as it stands, so I don't know what party would judge the missions and grade them for addition to the game. Couple that with whether or not any content like that has to then be given oversight by parties affiliated with the primary rights holders. I assume this will be the case so that nothing slips in that could become a liability (like apparently a Foundry mission thats come to my attention that has content from another IP).
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-18-2011, 06:28 AM
I've said for a while that there's missions out there that should become part of the main game progression, not just spotlights. While there are some good patrol missions, these are few and far between, and I'm sure there are many foundry authors who could add to the roster of patrols and exploration missions. I think this could be especially good in content gaps.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-18-2011, 12:54 PM
One other downside I see, playing off the content gap idea, is that if authors start(ed) focusing their efforts on remaking/remastering/replacing patrol missions, that will basically relegate missions to a band of progression thats not entirely level agnostic. Granted the Foundry engine should allow the mission to scale on a replay at higher levels, but at this moment, how many of us do anything like that (IE replay a lower level mission that has not had some goodie added to it since we first played it?)

Still I support this idea as I have spent the dark days of Foundry-Lockout playing an alt up. I am cringing on the inside as I play through the patrol missions and the exploration sector missions. This though is another factor we need to consider in this idea as well.