Lt. Commander
# 31
07-13-2011, 08:42 AM
I'll agree with you on the Engineering parts and man, my Engineer kinda sucks now.

Tacs before season 4 were all the same, suppressing fire kit and two sniper rifles was the best and only way to go, it was boring and pointless.

My experience with science on the ground was limited, but they seemed rather invincible as medics.
Lt. Commander
# 32
07-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Grav shift only has a 66% root chance, but now has something like an 80% chance to slow run speed by 50%.

Squad leader is an effected Tac kits as well. Overwatch gives resist bonuses and expose chances, Rally cry gives a slight heal, but it also comes with Photon grenades which are very useful.
Lt. Commander
# 33
07-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beary666 View Post
Grav shift only has a 66% root chance, but now has something like an 80% chance to slow run speed by 50%.

Squad leader is an effected Tac kits as well. Overwatch gives resist bonuses and expose chances, Rally cry gives a slight heal, but it also comes with Photon grenades which are very useful.
I loved the squad leader kit prior to season 4...now I hate it. You used to be able to use the smoke grenades on yourself, allowing you to pull a "ninja" disappearing act for a couple seconds. They removed this function for some reason...overwatch's damage resist is horrible, and rally cry hardly heals at all. Photon grenades are great now, but they have an interval so you can no longer chain them.

Plasma grenades do HORRIBLE damage, stun grenades are useless with the ability to rapid fire stun pistols...

Stuff's broke.
Lt. Commander
# 34
07-13-2011, 08:58 AM
So the smokes not giving the stealth bonus it seems?
Lt. Commander
# 35
07-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluerockBeing04 View Post
I loved the squad leader kit prior to season 4...now I hate it. You used to be able to use the smoke grenades on yourself, allowing you to pull a "ninja" disappearing act for a couple seconds. They removed this function for some reason...overwatch's damage resist is horrible, and rally cry hardly heals at all. Photon grenades are great now, but they have an interval so you can no longer chain them.
I haven't tried it and if it works it is only a workaround but can you target the smoke grenade on yourself in Shooter mode (dropping it on your feet)?
Lt. Commander
# 36
07-13-2011, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampir888 View Post
I haven't tried it and if it works it is only a workaround but can you target the smoke grenade on yourself in Shooter mode (dropping it on your feet)?
It doesn't work the same, the mechanic is broken. Even if you throw it at your feet, it doesn't blind the enemy. It used to be *target self* and then *disappear* for about 6 seconds. Romulan commanders used to do it too...I don't know if it works any more. The Talshiar commander inside the mine from the cloaked intentions episode used to smoke herself and then lay a thalaron mine...haven't check if she still does.

My point is, the squad leader kit is useless now. It's much better to use the operative kit which has weapon damage boosts, stealth, and a powerful melee attack.
Lt. Commander
# 37
07-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizonar
I have noticed that for some reason people can run into or even THROUGH my force field domes. I wonder why this is.
I was being chased, so I laid down a force field dome in a tight hallway and rounded the corner, all 3 of them walked through it and killed me, leaving me confused.
You've been able to sprint through Domes for as long as I can remember. There was a little while before S4 that they improved their hardiness, but I haven't tried running through them since S4.
Lt. Commander
# 38
07-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluerockBeing04 View Post
It doesn't work the same, the mechanic is broken. Even if you throw it at your feet, it doesn't blind the enemy. It used to be *target self* and then *disappear* for about 6 seconds. Romulan commanders used to do it too...I don't know if it works any more. The Talshiar commander inside the mine from the cloaked intentions episode used to smoke herself and then lay a thalaron mine...haven't check if she still does.
I had a few mobs do this and I was able to continue to target them via the "target closest enemy" option. They were invisible, but I was still shooting away. Maybe it now has damage mitigation? I dunno.
Lt. Commander
# 39
07-13-2011, 12:30 PM
Actually blue rock I am starting to favor the Security kit for the Tac. The stun grenade, suprressive fire, and overwatch has really saved my teams bacon more than once.

Against experienced teams, that have Acute Senses, TO, and Tric scans up quite often along with lots of AOE spam, I find the operative kit to be the least powerful in arenas of the Big Three.

(That melee kit is so bad it doesn't even exist in my eyes and I haven't tried squad leader yet)
Lt. Commander
# 40
07-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Interesting, I've never tried the security kit before. Its funny you mention the close combat kit being useless right now because I used to use it extensively before season 4. The combination of lunge, leg sweep, and stun grenade meant your target was either stunned or knocked down most of the fight. However with melee values at the same place they were before, it really is pointless to use now.

But since we're already way off topic....

Melee needs an incredible boost. Particularly Batleths. Klingons should be terrifying, right now they're more like bony-headed kittens. Though mostly made so because shotguns are OP :p.