Lt. Commander
# 31
07-12-2011, 04:53 AM
I think you're all looking at this from entirely the wrong perspect. The drone doesn't get a say in the matter so whether he's going to bring dishonor to his family for the next three generations is either ancillary or utterly irrelevant.

So ask yourself, is there honor in it for the warrior if he liberates a drone? Klingon honor has always been far too nebulous for me to say with certainty whether liberating the drone itself would be an honorable act but there will be an increase in strategic intelligence that will make the odds of winning the next battle far more likely and we can all agree the honor upheld by a glorious victory is far sweeter than the honor upheld by dying nobly in defeat.

So, in short, sure they'd liberate the drone, sucks for him if it means he needs to wear the dishonor of being captured.
Lt. Commander
# 32
07-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
i've noticed alot of mentions of escape or killing the guards.... how exactly would a borg manage this, they loose their free will and independant thought.

sure escaping a prison could salvage some honor but i dont think there is any way to get yourself out of the colective
That is kind of the point. A drone can't do anything. Its not like a prisoner that can make a choice to try and escape or kill himself in prison. A klingon that tries to go down fighting doesn't know for certain that he'll be killed, no matter how hard he fights. He could be assimilated against his will. So, where is the dishonor in that? Its not like he made a bad choice. Its not like he chose to do the dishonorable thing.
Lt. Commander
# 33
07-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinosOne
That is kind of the point. A drone can't do anything. Its not like a prisoner that can make a choice to try and escape or kill himself in prison. A klingon that tries to go down fighting doesn't know for certain that he'll be killed, no matter how hard he fights. He could be assimilated against his will. So, where is the dishonor in that? Its not like he made a bad choice. Its not like he chose to do the dishonorable thing.
the dishonor is letting your self be captures, not in not escaping
Lt. Commander
# 34
07-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
the dishonor is letting your self be captures, not in not escaping
But they didn't let themselves be captured. They were assimilated by microscopic nanoprobes being forcibly injected into them during the heat of battle, and they fought with all their might up until the moment that they were no longer able to control their own bodies.

It's closer to being killed than captured, really.
Lt. Commander
# 35
07-12-2011, 01:34 PM
As a Klingon if I were assimilated and my fellow warriors found me that way I would hope they would be Klingon enough to kill me! batlh potlh law' yIn potlh puS (Honor is more important than life)
Lt. Commander
# 36
07-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resz
But they didn't let themselves be captured. They were assimilated by microscopic nanoprobes being forcibly injected into them during the heat of battle, and they fought with all their might up until the moment that they were no longer able to control their own bodies.

It's closer to being killed than captured, really.
I think an assimilated Klingon would already be considered lost, & would be destroyed. He would never be trusted again, even if he was somehow "liberated"
Lt. Commander
# 37
07-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Wouldn't such a decision depend on the individual Klingon making it? They are not mental/emotional clones of each other. As a few have mentioned, the Code of Honor is a rather nebulous and mutable thing. One Klingon awakening from assimilation might decide that he or she was so dishonored that they must take their own life. The next might dedicate his "new" life to revenge against the Borg. One Klingon presented with the choice to liberate Klingon drones might slaughter them, the next might liberate them (and for a variety of reasons in either case).

The question might have been better addressed to individual Klingon characters.
Lt. Commander
# 38
07-12-2011, 03:53 PM
In the short story I have going in my head, my Liberated Klingon character was on the same cube as my Liberated Human. The cubiculum was destroyed for certain reasons, and both and several other drones regained their individuality. My Klingon nearly killed himself in shame, when the human said to him, "You have fought long and hard yet won the battle against the collective. Now fight to regain what they wrongfully took from you. Fight to claim your honor again. And help me get the *(#) out of here."

This is four-five years before the game. He was assimilated while in command of K'tinga ship. He fought bravely but was injected with nanites via transporter beams. When he got back to the Empire, no one wanted him around. But each time someone claimed he had no honor, he challenged them on the spot. He ended up winning enough and proving himself often enough they gave him command of a ship with the 'mixed' crews. Soon, he proved he still has more than enough honor, and all the talk about 'letting himself be captured' ended real quick after more Klingon forces actually faced the Borg and came to him for tactics.
Lt. Commander
# 39
07-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessie5882 View Post
As a Klingon if I were assimilated and my fellow warriors found me that way I would hope they would be Klingon enough to kill me! batlh potlh law' yIn potlh puS (Honor is more important than life)
were i found as an assimilated klingon by another i would hope they were klingon enough to kill me
Lt. Commander
# 40
07-13-2011, 02:30 AM
Yes and no.

A Klingon would not knowingly "liberate" a Borg. It would kill the Borg.

However if the Borg became liberate through other means (severed from collective, power loss, etc.), the Klingon might hesitate to kill the Klingon-Borg. Being captured is an ultimate dishonor, but getting captured alone is not an automatic honor-breaker. A Klingon would be expected to attempt escape, and if he failed, he would be dishonored.

Borg assimilation offers no means of escape, normally. However if a Klingon found himself cut off from the collective, and then acted honorably and escaped......that Klingon would have satisfied honor.

So really, the only way for a Klingon to be liberated from the Borg is for that Klingon to basically liberate himself.