Lt. Commander
# 1 Some help needed
07-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Ive been testing myself as a tact officer with a starcruiser, on elite difficulty. I was using tetryon beams and transphasic torpedoes. Unfourtently this was the last test ill ever do with Transphsic torpedoes, it was like shooting blanks at them with there shields down. SO probably going to with a photon/quantom setup.

My question is in regards to beam weapons. Tetryon did not really help with taking down there shields. Phasers well do ok i suppose. I was thinking maybe disruptors? Or maybe plasma? Keep in mind please i am talking about Elite difficulty.
Thanks you for any insight you can provide.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-11-2011, 01:57 PM
i have been playing in a srar cruiser for almost a year now and the set up that i am almost always using is that of a plasma and quantum setup.

the plasma i like for a little extra damage that ignores the sheilds and kills their crew weakening their hull heal even if slightly. whether or not it is the BEST idea i do not know but it has yet to let me down.

as for the torpedoes i went quantum because although you have a fairly good turning radius it is still a little slow so applying the more occasional burst is always nice not to mention you want to have your side facing them as much as possible as that is where the vast majprity of your damage comes from.

Hoped this helped and live long and prosper