Lt. Commander
# 11
06-29-2009, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllahMode View Post
lame,

another direct ships of the line picture pasted over planets..
Agreed.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-29-2009, 12:39 PM
A Klingon Wallpaper please.
Lt. Commander
# 13 ramblings (?)
06-29-2009, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marscentral View Post
They're all cloaked.
Nice. But it would be nice to see them uncloaked!

I have mixed feelings about a STO symbol that was not the normal star trek one. Im not sure if i would call it a start fleet symbol in the first place...their emblem is the olive branch surrounding a star filled globe. The symbol IS on their communicators though...but it's more of a Star Trek symbol, not a Star Fleet one.

Perhaps just making it more red for the Klingon pages ...and additionally have the klingon symbol ?

It's tricky. It's similar to the 'where no man has gone before' ...do they mean male, or Mankind (including females)... i guess from my perspective a Klingon symbol representing startrek online is weird. ... kinda like if they changed the saying to 'where no woman has gone before'. <- that doesn't really solve the issue either.

Hmm. sorry, just some random thoughts.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllahMode View Post
lame,

another direct ships of the line picture pasted over planets..
Agreed. You can tell they just slapped it on there. The shading is totally different between the ship and the asteroids.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt though-- maybe they don't have those ships rendered just yet.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-29-2009, 12:46 PM
I'd prefer they worked on getting us more info about the game so we can give our feedback about it before launch than these half baked wallpapers.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamgros View Post
I like the background in this one much better. That asteroid in the lower righthand corner has a lot of great detail. Good show my good man.

But yeah, some Klingon bones would be nice. Maybe with a STO logo that isn't SF, but actually have the Klingon logo as well with a more red theme than blue...
In case of a cloacking device for these awesome commercial laboratory Feds could ask Klingons for one.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-29-2009, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.ruk_Grax View Post
Nice. But it would be nice to see them uncloaked!

I have mixed feelings about a STO symbol that was not the normal star trek one. Im not sure if i would call it a start fleet symbol in the first place...their emblem is the olive branch surrounding a star filled globe. The symbol IS on their communicators though...but it's more of a Star Trek symbol, not a Star Fleet one.

Perhaps just making it more red for the Klingon pages ...and additionally have the klingon symbol ?

It's tricky. It's similar to the 'where no man has gone before' ...do they mean male, or Mankind (including females)... i guess from my perspective a Klingon symbol representing startrek online is weird. ... kinda like if they changed the saying to 'where no woman has gone before'. <- that doesn't really solve the issue either.

Hmm. sorry, just some random thoughts.
In champions online they have the ability to show two different themed front pages with the same info of course but different backgrounds. One for the Heroes and one for the Villains. Maybe they should make something like that for STO one Star Fleet theme and one Klingon theme homepages, maybe even once you go to startrekonline.com a window comes up and asks you to "choose a side" were you pick which them front page is going to be displayed. Or not, just a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-29-2009, 01:10 PM
aught to have the intrepid one
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-29-2009, 01:38 PM
I dont think the ship is the prettiest, but it's nice to see additions to the Wallpapers section. Keep it up! More variety too!
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marscentral View Post
They're all cloaked.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!