Lt. Commander
# 11
07-13-2011, 05:37 AM
Well I'm not sure about.... those pre-order items were supposed to help out a little at start (like the TOS connie ect)... And I dont like to see things C-Store-exclusive that influence the game-balance.
On the other hand... well it would be nice to have some benefit from that stuff... Things like the defense Turret are good because their functionality doesnt depend on the level, they are good to fire at torpedos and mines, not for damage.
But other things like the deployebale phaser turret from steam are not just useless, they dont have an equivalent at high levels to gain by other methods, although they give intresting options.

So after all, I'm more for those items to scale then against it...
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-13-2011, 09:23 AM
still i hope the armor will be leveled someday it would be legendary
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-20-2011, 07:25 PM
100% agree with this thread. In all honesty, this is the thing that has ticked me off the most about buying the game. I pre ordered with a lifetime subscription, and in all this time the thing that has upset me the most is that my totally awesome looking Chromodynamic armour is absolutely useless. It's by far the coolest looking of all of them, but it's rubbish.

Please let it level with the player, even if it's just at "common" stats. I want to be able to use this thing and not get wtfpwned.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-20-2011, 07:50 PM
+1 /signed

Love the idea
Lt. Commander
# 15 agree
09-20-2011, 08:40 PM
preorder items should level with character
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-20-2011, 09:38 PM
I seem to recall hearing a Dev say that they originally didn't want pre-order gear to level with you because it would discourage people from going out and getting new gear.

This being said, perhaps a crafting- or some other sort of mini-quest would be an awesome way to allow us to increase the quality our pre-order items as we level up. That way, we still have to get out there and do stuff to improve the item, and the item is no longer mostly useless after Lieutenant rank. Besides the Chromodynamic Armor, the TR-116 and the Automated Defense Battery Console (so it can still 1 shot HY Torps at higher levels) would be other useful items that come to mind as candidates for being able to level up in a similar fashion.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Damnit, just went and got the steam version for the Chromodynamic Armor only to find out it is useless....
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-06-2011, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
it'd be nice if the armour and gun leveled with you but i dont think it's the biggest want in the comunity
Speak for yourself, I LOVE my Chromo armor, and still wear it at VA sometimes... Why you ask? because it is THE BEST dps armor in the game. If you don't need the resists, it has a dual damage bonus which you only get half off by equipping either the targeting or recoil armors.

Damage wise it has the bonus of 2 armors. So if it were to lvl with you, even if they left it blue, I'd wear it all the time, in a heartbeat.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toisich View Post
100% agree with this thread. In all honesty, this is the thing that has ticked me off the most about buying the game. I pre ordered with a lifetime subscription, and in all this time the thing that has upset me the most is that my totally awesome looking Chromodynamic armour is absolutely useless. It's by far the coolest looking of all of them, but it's rubbish.

Please let it level with the player, even if it's just at "common" stats. I want to be able to use this thing and not get wtfpwned.
I agree. If the stats were similar to the common body armor, it would be marginally better than what you could purchace from the vendors, but not as good as an uncommon, blue rare, or purple very rare.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-13-2011, 06:51 AM
Yeah, it would be great if it leveled with you. Most of these should...