Lt. Commander
# 21
11-20-2011, 09:38 AM
The ships I can see not leveling up with you (the TOS phaser still do though). Theres no reason why the chromodynamic armor/automated defence turret couldn't give increasing benefits (certainly not uber levels) as the person levels. It doesnt have to be uber, just an increase. I would love to still be able to use some sort of ADT on my Excelsior.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-24-2011, 04:58 AM
The deployable phaser turretgets competition soon. You can craft much more powerful versions trough doff assignments, so that one is soon to be worthless as well.
For helping out at the start to take out the odd tougher cruiser is nice, as it's 50% more firepower compared to a standard starter ship with only two beams.
Very cool in Stop the Signal, as it's to weak to draw any aggro, but still helps a bit with damage nonetheless.
Good place to drop it would be above the dreadnaught where it won't likely be destroyed by an explosion.

Maybe the chromodynamic armor will also receive similar treatment and become the free starter version of an item you can craft through doffs?
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-24-2011, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
The deployable phaser turretgets competition soon. You can craft much more powerful versions trough doff assignments, so that one is soon to be worthless as well.
For helping out at the start to take out the odd tougher cruiser is nice, as it's 50% more firepower compared to a standard starter ship with only two beams.
Very cool in Stop the Signal, as it's to weak to draw any aggro, but still helps a bit with damage nonetheless.
Good place to drop it would be above the dreadnaught where it won't likely be destroyed by an explosion.

Maybe the chromodynamic armor will also receive similar treatment and become the free starter version of an item you can craft through doffs?
I'm not interested in the deployable turrets, I want to up the capabilities of my Atari Digital Download Automated Self Defense Turret
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-25-2011, 07:14 AM
I can't speak for the Chromodynamic Armor, but I've got the TR-116 sniper rifle (Target bonus item) and I think it should NOT level with you.

In the hands of a Tac toon that can buff the living daylights out of it, you can one-shot or two-shot most non-boss enemies. Combined with a grenade, the buffed rifle does hellacious damage. Against Borg, I'll toss a plasma grenade, click on all my rifle/damage buffs plus a Weapon Power Cell as the grenade is in the air, and then fire on a Tactical Drone or Heavy Tactical Drone just as the grenade goes off. Tactical Drones usually die pretty much instantly (combat logs say that the drone died from plasma damage *after* the shot, but it looks simultaneous to me) while Heavy Tac Drones take serious damage and come after me. I have seen damage figures up around 1500 with this weapon (though I think I must have gotten flanking damage on an Exposed enemy to get a hit that beefy).

This is from a ground weapon with a base ~51 DPS. If that gets scaled, VA Tac toons will be shooting starships down with it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-30-2011, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk_Mike
I agree with this also.
including the special personal shield of course.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-02-2011, 08:49 AM
The Chromodynamic Armor is cool looking, I just wish along with the TR it could be useful at higher levels.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-04-2011, 08:40 AM
i have to agree i like the armour and want it to level up with us it seems like a waste to discard it since it has a good use for offence
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-05-2011, 09:24 AM
The chromodynamic armor has way better dps stats than any other armor avaiable ingame. I don't think it should lvl up with your rank.
Same goes for the TR-116. You can shoot through walls and don't have to romodulate when firing at drones. This one would cause major imbalance if not avaiable ingame.

Remember that pre-order bonuses were planned to help you at early stages of the game.

PS : sry for bad english.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Yeah, all my Fed characters' armor is sitting in my bank as a "keepsake". Wish it had been useful for longer.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpstalker
The chromodynamic armor has way better dps stats than any other armor avaiable ingame. I don't think it should lvl up with your rank.
Same goes for the TR-116. You can shoot through walls and don't have to romodulate when firing at drones. This one would cause major imbalance if not avaiable ingame.

Remember that pre-order bonuses were planned to help you at early stages of the game.

PS : sry for bad english.
So explain the TOS Constitution and its Blue Phasers that leveled up with you.....