Lt. Commander
Okay, I understand the issue with a lot of our uniforms and the reason this badge was kept on the Left side in most cases.

However, on uniforms where it would not interfere with any other part of the costume (rank pips, flaps, etc.) the Terran Empire badge should be worn on the Correct side of the chest (ie, the Right side).

Uniforms included in this list would be TOS and TOS Variants, TNG, DS9 and TNG Film. These uniforms have rank pips either on their neckline or on the sleeve. There is no legitimate reason for the Terran Badge to be worn on the Wrong side of the chest when using them. I mean, these are canon uniforms and it is in canon (both hard and soft) that the Terran Empire badge is worn on the Right side of the chest, not the Left.

Please fix this as soon as you can.

Thank you.

Lt. Commander
# 2
07-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Wow you have an eye for detail, much respect. If I ever lose my contacts I'm calling you, that is if I ever need to wear contacts.

Providing it won't take too much time to fix (and I doubt it would) theres no reason it shouldn't be looked at..
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-11-2011, 11:34 PM
I think it should at least be an option on all TOS uniforms.

There's some debate in soft canon over which side they wore it on WoK uniforms or whether they had distinct WoK era uniforms; most WoK uniforms simply depicted them with the sash and Terran combadge over the left breast. However, I believe we have seen a WoK uniform with a half black jacket (Shattered Universe), totally inverted WoK uniform (with the badge over the right breast), bare midriff WoK jacket for women (this doesn't take a whole lot of imagination to arrive at, particularly once you see that the Terrans went so far as to make utilitarian jumpsuits a bare midriff number in the Enterprise era), and even a variation on the sweater-less Stargazer-era uniform with a high TNG collar on the WoK jacket, again with regular universe style right breast.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/404...picard002a.jpg

I would also like to see dress uniform medals added as an option with the Terran badge, the simplest way probably being:

Terran Empire - Left

Terran Empire - Left w/ Badges 01

Terran Empire - Left w/ Badges 02

Terran Empire - Left w/ Badges 03
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Here's what the Mirror WoK uniform looked like in the DC Comics:

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/3877/tiberius.jpg

Note the slightly darker jacket, tighter blue pants, buccaneer boots, dark blue sash which actually looks more like the Enterprise Terran Belt, Terran Empire badge set atop the WoK rank insignia (but no longer worn on the opposite side).

Here's a good shot of the full crew:

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/1681/mirrorwok.jpg

Also note the division colors on the sweaters were not the same.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/4933/mirrorsulu.jpg

Here's Mirror Sulu from Shattered Universe. They made the foldover and left sleeve black, which makes me wish they had more color regions. However, while the badge is back to the basic Mirror Universe look here, it remains over the left breast.

One thing to keep in mind is that the video games, comics from different publishers, and books (as far as I can recall) have all generally agreed that Mirror Spock spent years plotting his betrayal of Kirk. There isn't solid agreement on whether Kirk died at Spock's hands. The Shatner books suggest he escaped and defected to the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance, leading tn their subjugation of the humans. Also, while the Empire fell, it seems to have taken until sometime early in Picard's career to unravel, which is why all these references for a WoK jacket exist.

You'll note that the left breast badge is correct for the IDW Mirror look.

By the way, to get the gist of the IDW Mirror look, the ABSOLUTE best take probably takes a few C-Store purchases:

WoK Jacket
Terran Empire Badge
Terran Empire Sash
Bajoran Pants (No stripe, also better textured than most pants)
Section 31 Boots

We could get closer if there was an option for true aviator pants. However, sticking with canon sources, the only way I can see aviator pants is if they added Nazi uniforms from Patterns of Force (unlikely with the armband showing anyway, given laws in Germany and how big the German playerbase is), Harry Kim's Captain Proton outfit comes reasonably close but that presupposes not just a Captain Proton pack but one which includes more than just Captain Proton's outfit. (MAN, would I buy a Captain Proton or mega-Holodeck themed pack around Halloween in a hurry.)

For an overall merging of the different MU looks, I'd suggest something like what I outlined above, darker red jacket, dark blue pants, the revised division colors noted, and Enterprise Mirror belt in dark blue for anyone aside from the Captain and First Officer, who wear the sash. Women would wear standardized tight pants... and maybe throw some in Enterprise jumpsuit tops, dark red.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Here's what the Mirror WoK uniform looked like in the DC Comics:

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/3877/tiberius.jpg

Note the slightly darker jacket, tighter blue pants, buccaneer boots, dark blue sash which actually looks more like the Enterprise Terran Belt, Terran Empire badge set atop the WoK rank insignia (but no longer worn on the opposite side).

Here's a good shot of the full crew:

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/1681/mirrorwok.jpg

Also note the division colors on the sweaters were not the same.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/4933/mirrorsulu.jpg

Here's Mirror Sulu from Shattered Universe. They made the foldover and left sleeve black, which makes me wish they had more color regions. However, while the badge is back to the basic Mirror Universe look here, it remains over the left breast.

One thing to keep in mind is that the video games, comics from different publishers, and books (as far as I can recall) have all generally agreed that Mirror Spock spent years plotting his betrayal of Kirk. There isn't solid agreement on whether Kirk died at Spock's hands. The Shatner books suggest he escaped and defected to the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance, leading tn their subjugation of the humans. Also, while the Empire fell, it seems to have taken until sometime early in Picard's career to unravel, which is why all these references for a WoK jacket exist.

You'll note that the left breast badge is correct for the IDW Mirror look.

By the way, to get the gist of the IDW Mirror look, the ABSOLUTE best take probably takes a few C-Store purchases:

WoK Jacket
Terran Empire Badge
Terran Empire Sash
Bajoran Pants (No stripe, also better textured than most pants)
Section 31 Boots

We could get closer if there was an option for true aviator pants. However, sticking with canon sources, the only way I can see aviator pants is if they added Nazi uniforms from Patterns of Force (unlikely with the armband showing anyway, given laws in Germany and how big the German playerbase is), Harry Kim's Captain Proton outfit comes reasonably close but that presupposes not just a Captain Proton pack but one which includes more than just Captain Proton's outfit. (MAN, would I buy a Captain Proton or mega-Holodeck themed pack around Halloween in a hurry.)

For an overall merging of the different MU looks, I'd suggest something like what I outlined above, darker red jacket, dark blue pants, the revised division colors noted, and Enterprise Mirror belt in dark blue for anyone aside from the Captain and First Officer, who wear the sash. Women would wear standardized tight pants... and maybe throw some in Enterprise jumpsuit tops, dark red.
I remembered about the WoK Mirror uniform from the comics, that's why I did not include it in my list. The Left side is canon in that case. I didn't remember the blue sashes though. I need to do some updating.

And btw, the stripe appears clearly in that first link of yours. So, I think the WoK Pants are still more accurate. And I prefer the Combat Boots myself.

Lt. Commander
# 6
07-12-2011, 01:29 AM
im pretty sure (without being 100% sure) that they said that they were sorting it out so that you could pick which side you wanted. same with the bajoran one.

also if you zoom in and turn to the side you will notice the terran badge tens to float slightly higher than the uniform. this is especially noticeable on female characters because of the angle of their chests.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-12-2011, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
im pretty sure (without being 100% sure) that they said that they were sorting it out so that you could pick which side you wanted. same with the bajoran one.

also if you zoom in and turn to the side you will notice the terran badge tens to float slightly higher than the uniform. this is especially noticeable on female characters because of the angle of their chests.
All of the badges float higher than the uniform. Even the TOS stitched on patches and the TMP uniforms. I think that's a necessary evil with cistomization but they could all be reined in just a little closer if an artist ever catches themself doing a pass on these.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-12-2011, 03:19 AM
I'd never seen those comics, but I arrived at almost precisely the same uniform for my guys, although they're all black, except for the piping and sash which are deparment coloured. Also have black gloves for extra awesome where appropriate.

My only issue is that the Terran badge seems to float on the chest, rather than being flat.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-12-2011, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
I remembered about the WoK Mirror uniform from the comics, that's why I did not include it in my list. The Left side is canon in that case. I didn't remember the blue sashes though. I need to do some updating.

And btw, the stripe appears clearly in that first link of yours. So, I think the WoK Pants are still more accurate. And I prefer the Combat Boots myself.

I would agree in general.

I think the stripe-less look and Section 31 boots are dead on for the Picard version, complete with high calf buckles. If I could get rid of the sweater neck, ala the Stargzaer/Enterprise-C era uniforms, I figure that would be close.

I'd like militaristic riding pants like Picard has in the picture but, like I say, a Captain Proton pack is probably the closest we'd get to that unless they went nuts and revisited Patterns of Force.

That said... CBS wants Cryptic to start fleshing out and revisiting planet of the week worlds. And Cryptic's most popular villains in their first MMO were neo-Nazis. Maybe as long as they didn't have the emblem, it wouldn't cause issues in Germany.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-12-2011, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
All of the badges float higher than the uniform. Even the TOS stitched on patches and the TMP uniforms. I think that's a necessary evil with cistomization but they could all be reined in just a little closer if an artist ever catches themself doing a pass on these.
but this one is extra noticeable.