Lt. Commander
Emergency Power to Shields 1
Emergency Power to Engines 1
Emergency Power to Weapons 1
Emergency Power to Auxillary 1
and
Engineering Team 1

The 1st 4 share a cool down, so on the Gal-Retro and the Excelsion Retro, how do you fill out 3 Ensign options? You have to take 2 that share a cool down and that means if you take a higher rank, you can't use 3 copies of Emergency Power to X, or 3 copies of Engineering team?

What gives? Tacs have 9 options and Ensign and Science has 8 options. Engineer's only have 5 options.

Can we get some more options for this slot? It really hurts the cruiser captains that need to fill out 3 Ensign slots.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-11-2011, 08:01 PM
no it doesnt, it has stratagy, I personaly run Aux, Shield and eng, aux if i need a quick heal, shields for anything else, eng for a quick escape, run eng team 3 or 2, if not, running shields i run weapons, and shields 3
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-11-2011, 09:54 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing boarding party moved down a slot. So BP 1 would be an ensign level.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Not every power must be up 100%. Emergency power to engines is gret circumstance power and kinda must for Galaxy.R anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-12-2011, 09:38 AM
I certainly think there could be more powers for Engineering and Tactical,
The shared cooldowns for Engineering and Tactical and Tactical's weapon load-out dependent options overall limit build options.

As a Science Vessel Captain, I can't have enough Ensign slots, they are all good and you can avoid a lot of cooldown sharing. Tactical and Engineering really don't want more than 2 Ensigns of their class.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Just seems like an area that was over looked and if you are not trying to fill 3 ensign spots you may have never even seen it.

Hopefully a Dev pops in here and say hi and "doh".

And yes you don't need to have powers up 100% of the time, but its nice to know that you can have some variety and not waste spots. Science has killer ensign abilities. And now the tacs have some really good choices as well. Just looking to give the engineers some love.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-12-2011, 10:01 AM
One or two of the following LT skills needs to be shifted down to ENS

Aux to dampeners
Aux to battery
Directed Energy modulation
Boarding party
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-13-2011, 02:15 AM
Or iimplent some new ones like..

- Metaphasic Shields
- Antimatter Spray
- Verteron Field
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-13-2011, 02:59 AM
Metaphasic shields is actually the name of an NPC power. (It's the invulnerability shield). Probably not a good idea to use this specific variation of the power, but the name is good.

I seem to remember something like Antimatter Spray exists somewhere in the UI Files, or at least existed there. I could see it as some kind of AoE damage effect with maybe some kind of confuse effect? (Maybe something like the target jumping for scramble sensors, but instead of random, focuses everyone on the user? Nice "tank" power then)

No idea what Verteron Field could be or do. Weren't Verterons something inside the Bajoran Wormhole?

Edit:
Here is an old "brainstorm BO abilities" thread:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=167890
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-13-2011, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
No idea what Verteron Field could be or do. Weren't Verterons something inside the Bajoran Wormhole?
I know that they can do bad things to a proto-universe in a shuttle.