Lt. Commander
# 11
07-12-2011, 07:21 AM
I tried a run lastnight and could not beat Rebecca. She was one shotting us constantly and even worse, it seems our cover shields no longer block line of sight from her.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Did it with 4 engy's and a tac on Saturday. We all hid on one platform on the opposite side of room - popped cover shields and ping ponged her agro, using the cover shields to break line of sight when one of us started glowing blue. Force Field domes pushed the spawning borg around. Sniper rifles are great b/c she'll stay on the other side of the room for most of the fight. We all died at least once but rezzed one another in quick succession.

The main problem I think is that her HP seems to have sky-rocketed. It took about 15 min. of plinking to get her down. Either that or the weapons were showing hits that weren't actually happening. Armek's HP seems to have gone up quite a bit too though.

I've run all the stf's quite a few times, and Infected was always the easiest, even with a 3 or 4 man team. Now it might have the most challenging boss.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdevnull View Post
Did it with 4 engy's and a tac on Saturday. We all hid on one platform on the opposite side of room - popped cover shields and ping ponged her agro, using the cover shields to break line of sight when one of us started glowing blue. Force Field domes pushed the spawning borg around. Sniper rifles are great b/c she'll stay on the other side of the room for most of the fight. We all died at least once but rezzed one another in quick succession.

The main problem I think is that her HP seems to have sky-rocketed. It took about 15 min. of plinking to get her down. Either that or the weapons were showing hits that weren't actually happening. Armek's HP seems to have gone up quite a bit too though.

I've run all the stf's quite a few times, and Infected was always the easiest, even with a 3 or 4 man team. Now it might have the most challenging boss.
Rebbecca and Armek are both back to their original health values... however their old "bugged" values will be the standard for the Normal version once the revamped STF's are released.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Ran this last night and we kept getting killed. So as soon as she adapted we switched to melee and had her in the corner and she went down quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Rebbecca and Armek are both back to their original health values... however their old "bugged" values will be the standard for the Normal version once the revamped STF's are released.
I <3 Gozer!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-12-2011, 08:35 PM
So, I returned to Infected tonight, this time with four quite experienced folks from Jade Empire ...

Everything was a breeze until Rebecca comes out. Once again, we were decimated. We tried fighting in the middle. We tried three in the middle and two on the ramp. We tried two on each near platform and one on the ramp. All were wipes.

Oddly enough, we got closest on the fight in the middle. Took her down to 30% there.

When we divided so that two were on the near platforms and one in the middle, there were range issues, even with sniper rifles.

These were skilled folks with very nice gear. I am a bit at a loss as to how to do this. The damage comes so quickly. Ideas? Feedback?

Gozer: Thanks for contributing to the thread. I have to tell you, however, that this encounter doesn't feel right. I realize it's a STF and should be difficult, but it's only the first in a chain. Fun goes out the window when every team you've gone with has failed to take Rebecca, after otherwise handling the STF well. Would you consider somehow tuning down the encounter a bit?
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-12-2011, 08:59 PM
I did an infected before Rebecca was unintentionally "nerfed". We didn't know about spreading out or using the alcoves to break line of sight.

We took auto fire off and basically stopped firing whenever our character glowed with the blue aura. That stops the chain attack and eventually the aura will travel to another player.

It was tricky and we died a few times because people fired when they shouldn't have. But we eventually got ourselves together and beat her with this method.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abramal
So, I returned to Infected tonight, this time with four quite experienced folks from Jade Empire ...

Everything was a breeze until Rebecca comes out. Once again, we were decimated. We tried fighting in the middle. We tried three in the middle and two on the ramp. We tried two on each near platform and one on the ramp. All were wipes.

Oddly enough, we got closest on the fight in the middle. Took her down to 30% there.

When we divided so that two were on the near platforms and one in the middle, there were range issues, even with sniper rifles.

These were skilled folks with very nice gear. I am a bit at a loss as to how to do this. The damage comes so quickly. Ideas? Feedback?
Some good ideas posted here on the forum, we will have to give it another run tomorrow evening and see what's a good fit.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abramal

Gozer: Thanks for contributing to the thread. I have to tell you, however, that this encounter doesn't feel right. I realize it's a STF and should be difficult, but it's only the first in a chain. Fun goes out the window when every team you've gone with has failed to take Rebecca, after otherwise handling the STF well. Would you consider somehow tuning down the encounter a bit?
Well .. you can consider the current version practice for the Elite version that will be here soon.. The Elite version will be harder than the current version. The "Normal" version will be easier.. at the moment the current version is pretty much right in the middle.

The current version is very doable right now. I've done it myself with people on Holodeck since the Season 4 Update..
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-12-2011, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Well .. you can consider the current version practice for the Elite version that will be here soon.. The Elite version will be harder than the current version. The "Normal" version will be easier.. at the moment the current version is pretty much right in the middle.

The current version is very doable right now. I've done it myself with people on Holodeck since the Season 4 Update..
I don't suppose you would care to offer hints, since many of us are not having such success?

In any case, it's good to hear that the revised versions will be here soon.