Lt. Commander
# 21
07-13-2011, 12:25 AM
Rebecca is appearing with a huge solid white box around her to me. And when she targets me for that chain attack, my screen goes white and I can't see anything.

I have spoken to others who have experienced the same thing.

Will this be getting fixed soon?
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-13-2011, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlordskull View Post
Rebecca is appearing with a huge solid white box around her to me. And when she targets me for that chain attack, my screen goes white and I can't see anything.

Can't remember which setting it is, but it's in the video settings. U need to turn "something" on for it to be a blue aura. White screen is when you are running lower graphics to keep the game smooth
I have lowered graphics aswell (Getting new videocard soon YAY ! ) and see the white square too !
However, i only rarely think it interfers in battling her, cause all u need to focus on are her, you, your powers and if you're the medic, your teamm8's ...

Hope it helps, and you can live with the white square or amp up the settings a bit, so you can see the aura
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-13-2011, 12:37 AM
I dunno Gozer. I tried it with a pug, where each member of the team had done infected at least once before S4 (I had done it twice), so we had a little experience. Everything was super easy and it took us about 25 minutes to get to Rebecca. We tried to kill Rebecca for over 2 hours before we finally gave up. In that time we fought her about 15-20 times, with many different strategies. And this was the RA version with 5 lvl 51's trying to kill her.

I have to say, I was very very frustrated by the end. I would say her health (just the green bar, not her shields) needs to be dropped by about half for the "normal" version. And as soon as possible on holodeck, because I know 5 guys who are so frustrated that they probably won't be playing STO for a few days.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-13-2011, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqwibbs View Post
And as soon as possible on holodeck, because I know 5 guys who are so frustrated that they probably won't be playing STO for a few days.
People get a LITTLE challenge and start being frustrated ? Sounds like spoiled guys to me
If you weren't able to do it, u did it wrong
She is very much doable ! We were 5 pugs, doing it on VA. Rebecca only took us 2 tries ?
Remember that the guy she is targeting should not shoot at her ^^
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-13-2011, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlordskull View Post

I read somewhere that thatīs a problem of the ATI graphic cards. But I have no idea if itīs true or how it can be fixed.

I also did Infected for the 1st time after Season 4 two days ago. I done it more than 20 times before.
We were creamed big time but I honestly have to say we werenīt prepared too good. I only had small hypos with me and not large ones. We had no medic with us only tac and engi.
Our group died countless times always using differnet strategies. Best try we had was all on the middle doing as much damage as we could until the new borg respawned. Placed a cover shield on the way to the middle platform for the person with the blue ring. We got her down to 10 % health and if I had had a large hypo I could have finished her.

So things to remember:

Try to bring one SCI /Healer.
Bring LARGE hypos, shields and power ups.
Watch out for the plasma leaks on the corner platforms. They kill ya in 2 seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-13-2011, 01:09 AM
People keep mentioning that they have experience and still can't beat it. Fact is, we have a totaly new ground combat system. The experience most people have is probably a) shooting and killing her in seconds when she had very low health for long (no need for special tactics) or b) running to the alcoves and shooting her from there. Both is not possible any longer, the new magical words of ground combat and specifically the last room of Infected are COVER and RANGE.

Get out of your old ground combat mentality. Do not just stand somewhere and shoot, take cover!!! When you run in the room first you do is kill the 3 drones in the middle and get to the railing. The railing provides cover while you are busy killing the drones. If you are nearly dead, need to regenerate your shields or have to remodulate, kneel down behind the railing and you are save.

All the drones have separate respawn timer, so take them out in the order and time you want them to respawn later. Remember they respawn faster now.

How your teams spreads out after the generator is destroyed is personal preference, many things are possible as long as one thing happens: your team spreads out. 1 player in each corner and 1 in the middle/on the ramp or 2-man teams in 2 corners, all good but make sure to be more than 25 meters away from the next team and/or be able to break line of sight (ramp). Enough has be said about the fight already, try to bounce her between the teams and if she comes to your corner no matter what the other team does, try to keep her there.

The most dangerous situation will be when the drones respawn and you get flanked by them. Push 1 or 2 drones from your corner into the plasma as quick as possible. Use Pulsewaves, High-Densitiy Beams Compression Pistols, Melee or kit abilities, whatever is available. For the 3rd Drone it's usually possible to break line of sight with the plasma vent (or whatever it is) and not aggro her. Things can go wrong during this fight, one of the players can get an bad flanking hit or whatever, that's just bad luck not necessarily a failure of tactics.

Also there seems to be some misinformation about weapons adaption.
1) The adaption works on a per player basis. It does not matter what weapons your team mate uses.
The way this works or how it looks for me is: The Borg don't really adapt to your weapons, it's more some kind of debuff you as the player receives. You shoot the borg, after a random number of shots the debuff icon appears at YOUR portrait and that renders this energy type for YOU useless.

2) Rebecca herself does not adapt to weapons fire. When I had to kill her on my own I never had to remodulate my weapons. Nevertheless it is possible that you have to remodulate your weapons during the fight, namely when you shoot the tactical drones in between and get the adaption debuff. If that happens your weapon obviously will be useless agains Rebecca to.

Can't think of anything else at the moment except: Stay alive
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-13-2011, 02:00 AM
Most people are now used to clear the whole room before activating the consoles. You can do that now too, but it will only make the job killing Rebecca harder. It it will be easier to keep the borgs at the minimum when fighting Rebecca.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/34/trsydr.jpg/

Team A: 3 players that will activate the consoles
Team B: Platform cleaners

■ First kill the borgs in the middle (1).
■ When they are dead, Team A will jump to platform 2, remove the borgs from platform and activate the consoles asap.
Team B will jump to platform 3 and remove the borgs from platform as well the borgs on platform 3A. Team B stay on platform 3, you can shoot both borgs on 3A with High Density from here with 2 shots.
■ When Team A is done on platform 2, they will go to platform 3 and activate the consoles. Wait till Team A is on platform 3, then Team B will jump to platform 4 and remove borgs from platform, do the same on platform 5 and wait on platform 5 till Team A is done with the consoles on the remaining platforms.

If you have 2 players in team that can not jump very well:
■ Clear borgs in the middle first
■ Clear borgs on platform 2, 3 and 3a
■ The 2 players will give support and wait on blue dot on platform 1
■ Activate the consoles on platform 2
■ Activate the consoles on platform 3
■ The 2 players will go to other side of platform 1, purple dot and give support
■ Clear platform 4 and 5.
■ Activate the consoles on platform 4
■ Activate the consoles on platform 5

Everybody get together on platform 5. You can also turn it around and regroup on platform 2, but in my experience players will fall most of the time when jumping to platform 2

Destroy the generator in the middle. It is possible that the borgs in the middle respawned. Kill them first before shooting on Rebecca.

All tacs should wear Squad Leader kit, Sciīs with Healing kits, Engineer with Weapons Mailfunction kits before fighting Rebecca.

■ If you have 2 engineers, it should be easy to keep spamming with the Weapon Mailfunction on Rebecca. Use this as soon you start the fight with her. Also put some Cover Shields for players with blue thingy around him to take cover and keep the aoe damage low. Do not shoot when you have blue thingy around you.
■ Tacīs should spam with their Rally Cry and keep shooting on Rebecca. If you only have 1 Engineer in team, send the Tactical Initiative to the Engineer for using Weapon Mailfunction on Rebecca. Let the Engineer make you know when he needs it.
■ Sciīs will spam with the heals and/or use expose stuff on Rebecca.
■ You can also leave 2 players on platform 4, for more flanking damage on Rebecca. But that will be, of course, a bit harder to accomplish.

Good luck and have fun!
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-13-2011, 08:02 AM
Davinnio description of how to beat this is how our fleet did and were very successful at it. We were lucky enough to have a couple engineers with us all rotating through weapons malfunction. I would like to add that we used high density rifles and a melee weapon for those close to Rebecca, she can't chain lightning you if your melee'ing her, and the density rifles makes it real easy to put the respawning borg into the plasma bath. We also left the science guy in the middle platform so they could reach all four corners and heal if need be. Although Rebecca mostly stayed right on top of the science guy in the middle as he just whacked her to death with a bat'leth and threw out heals here and there.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-13-2011, 10:10 AM
I jumped in to help some fleet mates finish after a member bailed, did the Queen on the second attempt. Didn't get her on the first one as she targeted our medic before he could get a heal off. Second time, took her down in maybe 3 minutes or so.

I will say I miss the alcoves, but as I am a fan of difficult content love to see the changes. (i.e. Thanks Gozer)

Would say there are lots of strats out there if your team is having a problem, there’s an answer in one of those. STOked has done a walk through and I know stowiki.org has them as well as the dozens on the forums here.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-13-2011, 10:40 AM
The best way I have found to kill her is to have everyone on one of the corner platforms to buff each other and to avoid taking fire from all the borg spawns.

1) Have your Engineers put up cover shields to protect your team from the spawning borg from the center and closest platforms and to use to break line of sight with her.

2) Once she finishes her speech, use team buffs and watch for her targeting recticle (the blue circle) once a teammate is targeted get him to hide and break line of sight with her either behind a cover shield or the transformer (watch out for the Plasma).

* If the targeted player hide quick enough, she seems to be confused and doesn't move to attack or fire and just stays still. While your targeted player is hiding he can revive and still buff the team as they continue to fire on her. Once the target recticle is gone that player can continue the attack until the next player is targeted then they have to follow the same procedure.