Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lieutenant
# 1 Tau Dewa Red Alert
01-23-2013, 10:51 PM
I keep getting the alert, but even if I try to join a couple minutes after it appears, it makes me warp back out to sector space. Is there a time limit on when you cna join when that alert button appears?
Ensign
# 2
01-24-2013, 06:05 AM
These Red Alerts are usually bugged, meaning the Tholians can't be bothered to turn up. Hence why you warp out of the map.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
01-24-2013, 07:49 AM
Often it's due to the thing being finished already (either failed or succeeded) and for some reason it won't take the REDALERT button off line.

Either way, the whole "redalert" system has been behaving this way since it first appeared.
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, Sultan of Stun, Captain of the Obvious and the Oblivious.
Dies a wee bit each time he sees a dino.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
01-24-2013, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
Often it's due to the thing being finished already (either failed or succeeded) and for some reason it won't take the REDALERT button off line.

Either way, the whole "redalert" system has been behaving this way since it first appeared.
rubbish the red alert event can only have just started and still it warps u out
Empire Veteran
# 5
01-24-2013, 08:15 AM
Done hit 2 red alerts within minutes of each other, both bugged. I thought this was fixed or at least improved?
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Commander
# 6
02-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Doesn't bother me, I refuse to play them anyway.

The Tholian ships are stupidly overpowered, they virtually ignore any damage you may do, and they are capable of stupidly high damage themselves. They have repeatedly oneshotted my cruisers.

This is exacerbated by the fact that they have magic abilities that deactivate your shields such that you can't reactivate them with any abilities - not emergency power, not any of the teams, not anything will restore the shields, usually for several minutes at a time (unless they decide to oneshot you, usually with a tricobalt mine or torpedo).

This is made even worse by the endless spamming of system disablers, so you don't have any shields, can't fight back, and can't move. Of course, the webs do this too, and they all spam tractor beams over and over and over, each of them doing titanic damage. Yes, you can counter the disables with engineering team, but they immediately reapply them, and the tractors are so frequent that using polarized hull or what have you is pointless.

It's just not fun to play when an enemy is given so many tools to make it impossible to fight back in any way. It's just frustrating. I don't know why I have to keep telling developers that players don't enjoy being endlessly held and controlled by enemies. Yes, it's expected from time to time, but they've gone way, way overboard here.

Long story short, you're not missing anything if you can't play them. Count your blessings and play some foundry missions. Most of those are better than what the devs are producing anyway.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!