Lt. Commander
Hey everyone,
Just wondering about a few things.

Is there anything proposed or upcoming to address...
a) massively oversized corridors and scaling on ships/bases, etc
b) every engine room modeled on the Enterprise E/Sovereign design seen in film
c) setting a crew wide clothing style for the NPC's wandering about your ship?

They're not big things, I know, but they keep setting off my 'arg, somethings wrong' sense.

I'd think for the clothes one, just a simple option to set universal styles for all NPCs of the three classes (engineer, tactical and science) would be cool. That way all the NPCs would be able to match what you set yourself and bridge officers to look like. Maybe something could be made available at the Tailor?
Possibly, to complicate it further no doubt, maybe an option that sets all Federation NPC personnel that you view in your game to whatever clothing style you set, only viewable by you? That way you'd fit in perfectly with your computer comrades. Big I know, but not impossible. Each person could see NPC personnel in their own way, maybe. It'd be cool, I think.

With the corridors and scaling, I guess thats a bigger issue, but I just don't get why they made everything so huge right from the start. I can understand wide corridors, but not high. Wide is fine, in bases/mission locations only, just so large groups of people can mill about. But a more intimate, almost cloistered feel, like the corridors seen in film, for your ship, or certain places, would be cool. I'm pretty sure I could park a shuttlecraft in my readyroom...

And lastly, the engine rooms, and now that I think of it, the messhall/tenforward room. Why do they all have to look the same? Maybe some options to alter those like we alter our bridges?

If anyone knows if any of these are coming up or have been mentioned, let me know yeah?
I'm reading through as many forum posts and things as I can, but I can only read so fast, so I may have not gotten to it yet. Still interested to know though.

-kitfox21187
AKA - Commander (2) Serenity Aeona, USS Phoenix NCC 98987
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-13-2011, 03:25 PM
I definitely agree with you on all counts. The corridor thing especially bugged me. I imagine they did it to prevent camera collision and clipping issues. (you'll notice alot of 3rd person games have unusually high ceilings and large doorframes). However, the original series interiors from the bundle are much more realistically cramped (space should be at a premium on a starship!) and don't seem to have any problems in this area, so I think they definitely have room to make them more believably scaled. Actually, I think the devs have discussed an intention to do something about that specifically.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitfox21187 View Post
Hey everyone,
Just wondering about a few things.

Is there anything proposed or upcoming to address...
a) massively oversized corridors and scaling on ships/bases, etc
b) every engine room modeled on the Enterprise E/Sovereign design seen in film
c) setting a crew wide clothing style for the NPC's wandering about your ship?

And lastly, the engine rooms, and now that I think of it, the messhall/tenforward room. Why do they all have to look the same? Maybe some options to alter those like we alter our bridges?

-kitfox21187
AKA - Commander (2) Serenity Aeona, USS Phoenix NCC 98987
Answers-

A) this was done for sake of camera issues... there is some future pdate to these coming but it might not be for a while.

B) maybe some day.. they have said in various posts that specific setup from shows and movies may appear in time.. The TOS bridge and corridors addressed both questions A and B. Hopefully in time more to follow.

C) This has been discussed and may or may not be coming... Cryptic has said they would love to give up this ability... but it is a major programing issue.. we may see this more as the Foundry expands as they want to give us the ability to customize our interiors as well as costumes.
So for the short term we live with this but with in a year or two all this probably will be in game.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Figured as much
07-14-2011, 07:20 AM
Ah thanks.
Very informative, though I knew/suspected most of that.
Well, I suppose patience is the order of the day.
Just gonna keep playing, enjoying what I've got and hope it might get a little better.
Thanks again.
-kitfox21187
AKA Commander (3) Serenity Aeona USS Phoenix NCC 98987