Lt. Commander
# 1 Shipboard Uniform
07-12-2011, 06:02 AM
I took a tour of my ship recently (bridge, lower decks and engineering); my command crew (officers) are properly dressed; but the rest of my crew are wearing uniforms that are not in accordance with my ships instruction.

Please allow us to set a "Crew Uniform" that all my crew members (except officers) wear so when I invite someone to my ship, they don't see a mish mash of uniforms.

My suggestion is to make a uniform set for each of the appropriate crew types, security/engineering (Red); command (Gold) and Science/medical (Blue). For those crews who use Star Trek II, III and iV uniforms; just make them all the same.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-12-2011, 07:22 AM
I think this is a very good idea. It would give us a since of unity, unlike Star Trek Generations where they change between the two styles of uniforms randomly throughout the movie. Riker and Worf change the most I think.
Lt. Commander
# 3 yeah
07-12-2011, 07:34 AM
they have been sayn they want to do this for a long time...will prolly be out with the doff system
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphya
I took a tour of my ship recently (bridge, lower decks and engineering); my command crew (officers) are properly dressed; but the rest of my crew are wearing uniforms that are not in accordance with my ships instruction.

Please allow us to set a "Crew Uniform" that all my crew members (except officers) wear so when I invite someone to my ship, they don't see a mish mash of uniforms.

My suggestion is to make a uniform set for each of the appropriate crew types, security/engineering (Red); command (Gold) and Science/medical (Blue). For those crews who use Star Trek II, III and iV uniforms; just make them all the same.
Sadly, we don't have the crewman uniforms of the 2-6.5 era. But we do have access to the Motion Picture uniforms which were recut and dyed to make the crew uniforms. Sadly the Motion Picture uniforms in-game seem to be made of high-gloss plastic, with their TMP belt buckles permanently attached.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-12-2011, 08:14 AM
While not the most pressing issue, I would certainly like this.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Aye, it would be nice to have the entire crew weaing the same uniform (or at least the uniform the captain decides they will wear aboard ship).

It kind of reminds me of the TOS series where each starship crew had their own individual ship insignia on their tunics. Only now, in addition to the various "Enterprise/Federation Delta" badges, each ship's captain can also choose an indiviual uniform style for his crew as well.

'Course going one step farther, I'd love to be able to designate the gender of crews too: All male, all female, mixed (standard).
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-12-2011, 08:31 PM
This has been a loooooong ongoing request, since bridges, and then ship interiors, were put in the game. There were rumors of eventually creating interiors using the Foundry tools, which would let you dress crew however you wished.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-12-2011, 08:38 PM
The devs will get to this when they get to it. Unless we here can code and all that, we shalt be patient. The request is mutual here.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-13-2011, 08:19 AM
This came up on an episode of STOked. Its coming, but wouldn't be with the Doff system, it sounded like it was something more complex than just flipping a switch. It was hinted that this would be part of an interiors re-vamp in 2012
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-13-2011, 06:21 PM
The only way at the moment is the TOS bundle that dresses all npc characters in the TOS uniforms. Dress in a TOS uniform yourself and it look good. It's not the same as full custom but at least it looks better than the standard ones imo.