Lt. Commander
# 21
07-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltoram
I've been paying attention and if you read the latest Engineering Report that dstahl posted (http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=224706) PvP is getting some love

In Development:

- Adding consensual open PVP melee areas to social maps (Andoria, Vulcan, Qo'noS, Rura Penthe))
I'm anxious to try this out.

But since this is to be "melee" areas only, I trust that there will be a dampening field that prevents Kits, abilities, and consumables from being used. And be great if you can have the effect making everyone on the same level. That way Tacticals wouldn't have the advantage over Scis or Enginers who can't train in martial arts. And everyones shields and nobody had the advantage over another by using physical armor or certain shields.

BTW, I like the idea of Rura Penthe, but why not reuse Forcas?

And think we could add a FFA Arena on Drozana? That way Fed and Klingon players can mix it up.

Quote:
Upcoming Season 4 update:

- New PVP Map with Feature Episode Series 4 (King of the Hill)
- Repurposing some Feature Episode maps as new PVP maps
Curious what the other maps would be, we know the Nopada Arena is one.

Just hope the KotH map is larger than the Shanty Town maps. I honestly would love see a Shuttlebay arena where players can fight down hallways on three different levels and have twists like turning on force fields to make the other team go another route or blowing conduits to injure or slow players.

Quote:
Its too early to talk about the Season 5 update listed in the Engineering Report, "Territory Control Game." But Ground PvP is getting some love for Season 4. Also as I've said in other threads, some of the issues that players have voiced their concerns about are being looked into by myself and some other devs, particularly spawn camping (This was one of the very first things I brought up even from when S4 hit Tribble.) I'm out to try and make your ground PvP experience even better!
Lets hope so, it is pretty fun once the healing, 1-shotting, and spawn camping has been dealt with.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
I can't recall if Dan stated it here in a post on the forums, or in one of the recent interviews he did around the launch of Season 4, but I believe he stated we won't see Season 5 before 2012.
that may be true, but all i have heard is that season 5 is going to appear by october. That was even mentioned a few weeks ago.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post

And think we could add a FFA Arena on Drozana? That way Fed and Klingon players can mix it up.
Add a way to watch matches and bet on the outcome, and you have my vote!!!
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godimas View Post
Add a way to watch matches and bet on the outcome, and you have my vote!!!
Good way to make latinum. Though would it be legal?
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Good way to make latinum. Though would it be legal?
If it's just a melee match, why not? Just like modern day boxing. I'm sure some Starfleet officers would find it in questionable taste, but I'm reasonably sure Drozana is outside their jurisdiction anyways, even if it were illegal in the Federation.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
If it's just a melee match, why not? Just like modern day boxing. I'm sure some Starfleet officers would find it in questionable taste, but I'm reasonably sure Drozana is outside their jurisdiction anyways, even if it were illegal in the Federation.
Not really talking In-Trek legal but real life legal. If betting is implemented with Poker, I imagine that it then would be okay.

Be fun to bet and see upsets like a known loser winning some matches.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraculus View Post
Agreed on TF style maps. Put some creative places to snipe, build turrets or ambush from and you have some interesting play styles that will come out of it. Just a simple "Capture and Hold" map would be a change. Capture the flag, defend, or a good Star Trek alternative...retake the ship. One team starts on the bridge and controls the ship and the other beams in or starts in breached area. Throw in some class environment interaction like what's been done in the missions. Engineers can reroute power from parts of the ship to give them an advantage. Science could scan for lifeforms and improve or dampen detection, and tac could activate or deactive various self defence points in the ship.

That's where I would start.

Love this idea!
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-22-2011, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godimas View Post
It would also be nice to have the option to que up against already formed teams or just pugs. It is really not fun when an organised team comes in and wipes the floor with you and a bunch of random people. I understand the benefit of bringing pre made teams into pvp, so im not saying get rid of it, just give it a separate que.

After we fill the q's and average waits are below 2 min, 24/7, maybe.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Quote:
I've been paying attention and if you read the latest Engineering Report that dstahl posted (http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=224706) PvP is getting some love

In Development:

- Adding consensual open PVP melee areas to social maps (Andoria, Vulcan, Qo'noS, Rura Penthe)

Upcoming Season 4 update:

- New PVP Map with Feature Episode Series 4 (King of the Hill)
- Repurposing some Feature Episode maps as new PVP maps

Its too early to talk about the Season 5 update listed in the Engineering Report, "Territory Control Game." But Ground PvP is getting some love for Season 4. Also as I've said in other threads, some of the issues that players have voiced their concerns about are being looked into by myself and some other devs, particularly spawn camping (This was one of the very first things I brought up even from when S4 hit Tribble.) I'm out to try and make your ground PvP experience even better!

Thanks, I appreciate you stopping by