Lt. Commander
# 11
07-12-2011, 08:42 AM
i see no reason what so ever to rebuild the foundry.

the point is it will always be improved and built upon, its not designed to be a static tool but something that can always be improved. there is no reason to start from scratch. i know there is a big bug with it at the moment but once that it fixed it will go back to what it was, and that was a very good tool to make missions.

also any rebuilding would delay other projects and again i see no justification for that. the foundry does what its meant to do, delaying other things just to make it better when that is something they can and will continue to do with the current build makes no sense.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-12-2011, 08:44 AM
I have never, nor will i ever be interested in the foundry. So i sure hope they dont "rebuild" it since that would (for me) be a giant waste of time. Although i dont think you need to be worried bout the foundry as is... it will be back soon !
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-12-2011, 08:45 AM
The foundry keeps others occupied.

While weekly series are being developed and produced and while Season 5 ideas are deveoped and improved and tested on tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-12-2011, 08:46 AM
As a klingon player I LIVE in the foundry it saddens me its all gone right now.....I even finally started lvling my fed player commdaner 8 now.....missions are great , ship is lame tho.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-12-2011, 09:07 AM
Folks, we're working on getting things sorted. It makes us incredibly happy and proud that so many of you are such intense fans of both creating missions and playing them.

Right now the Foundry is turned off to make sure things can be worked on and do not get worse. It is a preventive measure that very much serves us and you. We want to break as little as possible while at the same time working on how we can correct what has been broken.

The moment we have more updates on this we will share it with you. In the meantime we can but ask for you to stand by, as much as this is currently hard to do.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
This question is like saying should STO be repaired(from the incredibly buggy post S4 state its in) or rebuilt from scratch?
Agreed Nagus, you are indeed wise!
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Folks, we're working on getting things sorted. It makes us incredibly happy and proud that so many of you are such intense fans of both creating missions and playing them.

Right now the Foundry is turned off to make sure things can be worked on and do not get worse. It is a preventive measure that very much serves us and you. We want to break as little as possible while at the same time working on how we can correct what has been broken.

The moment we have more updates on this we will share it with you. In the meantime we can but ask for you to stand by, as much as this is currently hard to do.

Thanks for some news Wishstone. We do appreciate it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-12-2011, 11:32 AM
The Foundry is a fantastic piece of work that has brought many of us more than we ever dreamed of even just six months ago. Let's face it, we love it!

I think, let them fix it, let them understand what has gone wrong, let people get their missions back, let the devs feel free to make continued updates and improvements to it for us to enjoy.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-12-2011, 06:31 PM
I don't see any reason why they would rebuild it from scratch. In terms of software development I don't think that makes a whole lot of sense. With a physical construction if you realize something is fundamentally flawed you may have to start from scratch because the whole structure is compromised. But with a software program it's easy to make incremental improvements. If nothing else you can cut and paste working code. I suppose maybe if the code is just totally bad all the way through then you'd need to start from scratch, but I don't think that's the problem with the Foundry right now.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-12-2011, 06:58 PM
So much time was invested in this feature that to start from square one would be a horrible idea.

I'm much rather get the system fixed than worry about another systems with its own bugs being developed over a couple years.