Starfleet Veteran
# 1 The Undine Heavy Bio Turret
05-13-2014, 03:11 PM
Has anyone gotten it and if so is it worth getting?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
05-13-2014, 03:39 PM
I have to wait until tomorrow >_<
Captain
# 3
05-13-2014, 03:41 PM
If you use phasers or disruptors, it is well worth it. The 7.6% boost to one or the other ends up granting more damage then a spire tact console
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Captain
# 4
05-13-2014, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
If you use phasers or disruptors, it is well worth it. The 7.6% boost to one or the other ends up granting more damage then a spire tact console
No it doesn't. Spire consoles comes with crit.
Critical Hit Calculator
Captain
# 5
05-13-2014, 04:51 PM
I think he was reffering to the base dmg which DOES give more base than a spire console. on a side note, that crit is only good when stacked. and even then. only good when you crit while the boost from the undone gear is constant and works WITH crits.
Captain
# 6
05-13-2014, 05:02 PM
Quote:
there is no need to sacrifice a spire console for the 2piece bonus anyway.

just get the turnrate universal console from the set http://sto.gamepedia.com/Counter_Command_Ordnance

but anyway i'd like to see the math behind that statement...hard to believe that even if the 7,6% are applied at the end of the formula that it is better than 1,6% crit and about 18% more + phaser dmg from the console.

atleast in my case the 7,6% seem to be roughly the same as the 31,9% on the spire console...

*edit: so i tested it right away.

1393 dps with spire tac console
1335 dps with the Counter-Command Multi-Energy Relay
1435 dps with the Counter-Command Multi-Energy Relay and the Hydrodynamics Compensator (2 piece bonus active)

i gain 40 dps on my energy weapons and 40 dps on my photon torp at the expense of 1,6% crtH

40 dps is less than 3% more dps...imo, 1,6% crtH his better, especially on my fed that is slightly below 20% crtH.

what i will do is, to get the turret, and put the spire console back...Counter-Command Multi-Energy Relay unfortunately seems to be the weakest link of the set. I choose the Hydrodynamics Compensator to get the set bonus, which is basically a 5th tac console.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 05-13-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Career Officer
# 7
05-16-2014, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
what i will do is, to get the turret, and put the spire console back...Counter-Command Multi-Energy Relay unfortunately seems to be the weakest link of the set. I choose the Hydrodynamics Compensator to get the set bonus, which is basically a 5th tac console.
Was thinking about that myself...but do you still think it would be a gain on a beam cruiser (losing a 6th or 7th beam for turret)?

I'd love to see tests or the math on that...
Career Officer
# 8
05-16-2014, 09:31 AM
Get the console and torpedo. I did that for my Starfleet Sci in a Vesta with Disruptor beams. The console plus the torp on a 2 pcs. Adapted MACO space set... nice.

Items:
Hydrodynamics Compensator
Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo Launcher

I still have the 2 pcs. Elachi space set bonus as I use the Bioneural Circuits & the torp still.

So I get Disruptor bonuses from the Undine Counter Command set & Elachi space set.
~My current ship and build~

Last edited by coffeemike; 05-16-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Captain
# 9
05-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
The Multi-Energy Relay is somewhat better when you run a photon torpedo as well, which means it also synergizes fairly well with the Dyson weapon set, which gives you +3% crit on the two-piece.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-16-2014, 02:07 PM
My combat reader said the disruptor bio turret from the reputation did a bit more damage than the elachi xii [acc][dmg]x2 turret I was using over the same time. So it does decent damage and if you are using one of the other parts in the set and using disruptor/phaser weapons I think its definitely worth getting for that +7.6% disruptor/phaser damage bonus.

Check out my two part fed foundry mission series "Requiem for a Dream". Both parts qualify for dilithium rewards.