Lt. Commander
# 1 Gal-X phaser lance
07-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Hi.

Well, yeah. The phaser lance cooldown is still way to long. I could deal with its other flaws if they would just lower the damn cooldown to something like a minute. Why is it so hard to get the devs to co-operate with anyone on this ship?

It took ages just to get them to make it even basically useable, but they never fixed they lance for some reason.

Its annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-12-2011, 03:07 PM
For what it's worth, the lance did get a damage boost at the same time it got a fourth aft weapon.

Also, any changes to the cooldown for the Phaser Spinal Lance should also be done to the Javelin for the KDF Guramba Siege Destroyer.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Yeah, maybe? I don't have any high level kdf characters, so I honestly have no idea. If the kdf guys think it should get a boost let them have it

The problem with the 3 minute recharge is just that its up toe rarely and the weapon itself does nothing to justify it. Id be fine even with a damage nerf if I could use it when I needed it...
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-12-2011, 07:29 PM
a cool down of that could make it a bit too powerful,
although, it'd still have to turn to line up which doesn't happen very well. lol

I'd rather see a turn rate improvement over anything else on the ship.
Even if it was only a 1 point improvement!
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-13-2011, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsadoom View Post
The problem with the 3 minute recharge is just that its up toe rarely and the weapon itself does nothing to justify it. Id be fine even with a damage nerf if I could use it when I needed it...
You mean, one-shoting people is not worth the cooldown ? Its too powerful to be honest, except for its poor accuracy...which you can overcome and make it really dreadful weapon.

I could live with lower cooldown like 2mins, but I would remove the one shot possibility by simply making it 4 hits per 10k instead 2 hits per 20k base dmg. A tactical captain can buff it very high and if used in the right moment obliterate any ship. I would also remove the "aoe" part, increase the arc to 60 degrees.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-13-2011, 12:41 AM
2 Minutes is fine. Just make it count. I can't count how many times I've seen players use the Lance as an opener rather than holding out till enemy shields are down.

Think of the Lance as an instant Tri-Cobolt Torpedo. It's an all-or-nothing ability with high damage potential.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-13-2011, 01:40 AM
Ah, you know, I'm an engineer - I had not thought of tac officers buffing it up much. I was thinking that some people where crazy talking about it one hitting things, LOL. Not on an engineer I will tell you. That said, id hate to fly that slow boat without my repair abilities.

Then yeah, turf the one shotting stuff, its unsportsman-like anyway. But really, I want to be able to use the damn thing more than once in a blue moon. Trust me, the gal-x doesn't really get anything for free, it pays dearly in mobility.

This ship is *almost* where it should be, even if its not for everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-13-2011, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
For what it's worth, the lance did get a damage boost at the same time it got a fourth aft weapon.

Also, any changes to the cooldown for the Phaser Spinal Lance should also be done to the Javelin for the KDF Guramba Siege Destroyer.
Cooldown on the Guramba Javelin is less important. With two high level tactical officers the Javelin can easily interfere with overlapping BO cooldowns.

Honestly, instead of a lower cooldown on the Javelin, I'd like to see Guramba given back it's console slot or have the turn penalty on siege mode made more reasonable.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Actually, the turn on the Galaxy, any Galaxy, can be compensated with Aux to Dampeners. I run rank 2. with a base Aux of 55 I can turn just like an Excelsior for 15 secs. Plus it only has a 15 sec down time. So you CAN make the Phaser Lance count very easily. I have a good mix of shield and hull heals and I can hold out for a decent amount of time when I have 5 Klingons pounding on me. But I think a 2 min cool down on the Phaser Lance wouldn't hurt.

Edit: This is coming from an Engineer.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-13-2011, 01:55 PM
umm we already hashed this out a while back gang.

the 3 minutes is fair alla round, and the new damage makes both equal.

Besdies with all that is broken with Season 4? yeah dont see a ship passover is happening anytime soon.