Lt. Commander
# 11
07-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
umm we already hashed this out a while back gang.

the 3 minutes is fair alla round, and the new damage makes both equal.

Besdies with all that is broken with Season 4? yeah dont see a ship passover is happening anytime soon.
Fortunately for me, I never expect so see a ship pass over. I'm constantly reminded of a MMO that had great space combat but it was never touched since it was launched.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Honestly have no issues with the cooldown. I don't PvP but in PvE I use the lance as sort of an opening weapon on the highest threat level ship of each mob. Open up with phasers/beams as soon as I'm in firing range, pop EPW, soon as the front sheild drops fire the lance and normally my target vanishes in a large cloud of wonderful destruction.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-13-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm an Engineer at the level cap. I've flown the Galaxy-X since the day it was available on the C-Store. The changes they made are just right. It should turn slowly. The Galaxy class (Turn rate 6) is larger, mass wise, than a Sovereign class ship (Turn rate 7), which is larger, mass wise, than an Excelsior class ship (Turn rate 8). Leave it as it is, unless you start tinkering with other ships.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-13-2011, 08:04 PM
Gal X is perfect now. Like others have said, the lance is great on stationary, or slowed targets, preferably while their shields are down...if it hits shields= Complete Waste IMO.

try this, Decloak, Tractor, Beam overload, then lance, then maybe some high yields just in case...either way its ALL about timing, when ever i decide to get in that behemoth of a ship, I've pulled off some nice lance kills that way.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Hmm.

Maybe you guys are right, I know I do pretty well in the ship - I just wish the Lance was less special to use.

I'll let this one drop, if most people are fine with it then its probably OK as it is.

Cheers!
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Lance is an opener and a closer, Gal-X is a ship built yo get the most out of tacts, the cooldown is good cause a tact can make the lance do over 70k (both hits combind) through 13k shields. My personal record would be 81k
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-14-2011, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94P
Fortunately for me, I never expect so see a ship pass over. I'm constantly reminded of a MMO that had great space combat but it was never touched since it was launched.
Never touched?

umm, where you been? there been power changes, shield chagnes 3 of them now, weapon power changes, item changes, console changes.

Alone I have reconfigured my ship for space combat about *thinks* 11 diff times due to changes that were made to ships, items, and powers.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
Never touched?

umm, where you been? there been power changes, shield chagnes 3 of them now, weapon power changes, item changes, console changes.

Alone I have reconfigured my ship for space combat about *thinks* 11 diff times due to changes that were made to ships, items, and powers.
That was a reference to another game. Plus it does not mean space combat in STO can't or won't stagnate.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Ya and then they put a stupid red and green arrows showing where the brigde is on the sauser section! If you use the Borg shields!

the lance is under powered as well, not to say anything aabout emergence power to engines the third one doesnt light up!

Borg shield dont look impressive any more they're just a dull green!

The ship flies like your moving a planet, you would think that it would move better afeter all it is space!
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-14-2011, 11:12 AM
The lance is fine as is. Any changes will either ruin it or make it overpowered..