Lt. Commander
# 11
07-18-2011, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Solok
Who would ever buy this?
Them people that buys everything? And there's no shortage of them.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-18-2011, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Who would ever buy this?

I have 2 VA1's and a klingon BG1, with a 3rd VA on the way up, why would I ever dress my character in a cadet uniform?

Even if it was free, and sort of a starter uniform, you would wear it for all of fifteen minutes until you magically jumped from cadet to LT.
It's only a "cadet uniform" if you use it as a cadet uniform.

I'll probably be using it as a regular standard duty uniform as the color blocking pattern is most similar to a style that I had designed myself as a star trek uniform a long, long time ago (TNG-style cut/collar with a color stripe/band across the chest/shoulders, the main difference is that I had rank bars on the tops of both shoulders instead of one side of the collar).
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-18-2011, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
It's only a "cadet uniform" if you use it as a cadet uniform.

I'll probably be using it as a regular standard duty uniform as the color blocking pattern is most similar to a style that I had designed myself as a star trek uniform a long, long time ago (TNG-style cut/collar with a color stripe/band across the chest/shoulders, the main difference is that I had rank bars on the tops of both shoulders instead of one side of the collar).

I guess I hadn't considered using it to make something else. I wonder how much it will be.

You would think in this enlightened time line that star trek takes place in, people would be less obsessed with their appearance.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-18-2011, 07:25 AM
Quote:
I guess I hadn't considered using it to make something else. I wonder how much it will be.

You would think in this enlightened time line that star trek takes place in, people would be less obsessed with their appearance.
Hmm, I can't resist making some funny analogies here. Those players in STO that have to have everything are like the Zibalian trader Kivas Fajo who in TNG was even willing to steal data to enlarge his prized collection of rare items. The devs, well, they're like Quark, and the Cryptic store is like the dabo table; the more you play (spend), the more money you lose. ;P
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Cryptic's version is interesting.

I probably won't purchase it, though I would use it if it were free.

================================================== =======

One of the few things I Really liked about JJ-Trek was the cadet uni's.
(being a TOS-kid, I have very mixed feelings overall about the movie...)

But,

The solid color and the addition of the caps kinda make it look classy.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pscyon
Them people that buys everything? And there's no shortage of them.
I guess I am in that group that buys "everything" as I don't mind spending money on my hobby. Dang people make a big deal over small stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Cryptic's version is interesting.

I probably won't purchase it, though I would use it if it were free.

================================================== =======

One of the few things I Really liked about JJ-Trek was the cadet uni's.
(being a TOS-kid, I have very mixed feelings overall about the movie...)

But,

The solid color and the addition of the caps kinda make it look classy.
I'm with you for 2409 cadet uni's, in fact I'd be against those being in the c-store.

Classic cadet uni's from the series would be fine in the c-store though.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba
I guess I am in that group that buys "everything" as I don't mind spending money on my hobby. Dang people make a big deal over small stuff.
Oh don't go taking that personal, it wasn't meant as an insult or anything. There's nothing wrong with getting stuff you like, picked a couple things from the C-Store myself. I don't have any intention of using half the uniforms, player species or ship bridges though as they don't fit my taste and I think the emotes are a massive ripoff. So for me personally, buying everything would obviously serve little purpose. For you it's different and that's entirely fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier
Classic cadet uni's from the series would be fine in the c-store though.
The classic TNG cadet uniform can easily be achieved by just colouring a regular TNG uniform though by only colouring the shoulders yellow/red/blue, then everything else black or grey.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-18-2011, 12:54 PM
im wondering if the academies will go live with these thursday too.

they were originally due in july. would be nice to see them.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Until my BOffs have extra costume slots, I won't be purchasing this uniform, or any others.