Lt. Commander
I remember, the devs saying before foundry came out that it would not be possible to transfer foundry missions from tribble to holodeck. However, now I am wondering if it's possible to transfer foundry missions from holodeck to tribble. We already transfer our Captains from Holodeck to Tribble for testing purposes. When an update occurs to Foundry, as an author, I'd like to know how that update will affect my missions. By allowing us to transfer our missions to tribble, the community of authors can identify bugs affecting their specific missions, report them, learn the new additions, and plan to make their holodeck missions better once the Foundry update goes live. Just an idea. Thanks for reading.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-13-2011, 09:44 AM
I had wondered this same thing, actually.

I'd be very interested in a response from the Devs... *hint hint*
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-14-2011, 07:41 PM
we can only hope ...
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-14-2011, 09:55 PM
If at all possible, I think this would allow Tribble to serve as a good Foundry test enviroment. lets face it; no one does really new (or very complicated) missions on Tribble because such a mission IS a lot of work; and if you're going to do that work, you want it in front of the main STO playerbase.

If we could transfer from Holodeck to Tribble; you'd see a lot of parity between the two Foundrys and major issues (like what occured with the auto-republish for Saeson 4) would have a beter chance of being identified as there would be more 'test cases'.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
If at all possible, I think this would allow Tribble to serve as a good Foundry test enviroment. lets face it; no one does really new (or very complicated) missions on Tribble because such a mission IS a lot of work; and if you're going to do that work, you want it in front of the main STO playerbase.

If we could transfer from Holodeck to Tribble; you'd see a lot of parity between the two Foundrys and major issues (like what occured with the auto-republish for Saeson 4) would have a beter chance of being identified as there would be more 'test cases'.
Armsman, well said.