Lt. Commander
Afer testing the newQueue system I found that it is not really bad. However when I was testing it I was not aware that it was to replace the existing open Fleet Actions instead of (as I incorrectly thought) being added to the existing system like shooter mode was. Had I relized that I would have offered different feedback during testing. There is alot to be said about the old open Fleet Action system as an open instance. The Queue system also has many merits especialy making it easier to get into a full fleet action instead of waiting around, and being able to setup private Fleet actions across the level band alowing Fleets to participate in these together. These are all great things. However perhaps leaving existing open Fleet actions as an option may have been a good thing. I know may players that like to go in there and play even if no one else shows up. Also perhaps if there are dailys for all the different Fleet Actions it may increace desire to play some of the others. Also it appears that when there are drop outs using the queue system there is not a replacement brought in. this could be improved. As far as I know this feature is working on the PvP queue system.

It is a good thing to add features and cryptic has done a fantastic job since launch of making this game better and better. The devs have said on many occasions that constructive feedback is very usefull and just because they do not use every idea on the forums does not mean they have ignored us. Quite to the contrary. For a long time the ability to form private fleet actions has been asked for by the community as far back as season 2. Now that we have that option we shouldn't beat up on the devs and cirtenly should not give up on this game. Instead we should give the devs the best feedback we can to make it better going forward. just as we have tried to do from the beginning. These guys and gals work very hard on what must be some of the most complex code out there to make the final frontier somthing we can experiance. So no flaming, no beating anyone up, and no negitivity. Let em know what you like and let em know not just what can be better but how it can be better. Throw in some patiance and we will get a better future.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-13-2011, 10:15 AM
All I can say at the moment is that I miss my god ole Starbase 24 space battle.

The private queues are great, but the open instances ... more so for Starbase 24 ... should have remained open so that you did not have to join a queue for a public run.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-14-2011, 06:53 AM
I can see how some might like the private que but overall the que system is horrible.

There have been many times I've joined a que for pvp and after waiting arround 20 or 30 minutes just moved on and forggoten about it. then after starting a mission and in the middle of something else I get the pop-up saying the battle is about to begin. Now we either drop out of what were doing and lose progress or decline and kick everyone out of the que beacuse of min player requirements.

At the very least leave the open instances. They are great testing grounds for new configuration testing. The pvp's maps all have places on the galaxy map which could be left as open instances as well.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-14-2011, 07:13 AM
i joined a queue once and at first it went a big wrong and kicked me out of the map. the second time worked fine, and i must admit it was nice to be in a fleet action from the start with a sizeable group of people.

i still think they should let you enter as before though, but if they are going to stick with this system then it would be nice if you could see how many people are queued as well. it would at least give you an indicator of how long you might have to wait.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-15-2011, 12:41 AM
I usually play late at night and I've always enjoyed Fleet Actions above anything else due to the constant action.

But now, I can't get into any of them cause nobody in my fleet is online that time of day plus waiting in the que amounts to nothing because nobody else is waiting cause its late...

It used to be there were still a handful of random people who would be in these fleet actions and I could get in some gametime with them, but now there is NO WAY to accomplish this and I'm getting bored.

If PvE's were truly meant to be "fleet only" events, then the dev's need to change their opinions of this instead of making the game less entertaining. Persistent large-scale instances are a great idea and a good thing, not something to be discarded in favor of limited gameplay.