Lt. Commander
# 1 Fire Cavern... it's a torture!
06-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Hi guys,

Just an advice: until the NPC AI pathfinding algorythm is as it is now please DO NOT MAKE MAPS LIKE THE FIRE CAVES.
Or if you'd like the players to be tortured at least build in more respawn points. It's a bit irritating to find my idiot NPSs in the lava after every second catwalk and when commiting suicide to respawn my party I have to run across the whole stupid map again and again and again.

Of course this way you can make REALLY long missions. I mean really long... to the point when a player just gives the middle finger and drops it.

A shame, really.

//Adam
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden83 View Post
Hi guys,

Just an advice: until the NPC AI pathfinding algorythm is as it is now please DO NOT MAKE MAPS LIKE THE FIRE CAVES.
Or if you'd like the players to be tortured at least build in more respawn points. It's a bit irritating to find my idiot NPSs in the lava after every second catwalk and when commiting suicide to respawn my party I have to run across the whole stupid map again and again and again.

Of course this way you can make REALLY long missions. I mean really long... to the point when a player just gives the middle finger and drops it.

A shame, really.

//Adam

I didn't have problems with that mission myself. Id suggest using the built in away team controls paired with the pause zone feature to keep your bridge officers on a tight leash if they are causing you issues.
Lt. Commander
# 3 ?
06-27-2011, 12:27 PM
It is fun! Great to see how many Boffs you can lose in the lava...
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-27-2011, 10:02 PM
I had the same problem and was aggravated beyond measure when I ended up battling the boss with just ONE boff who was smart enough to not fall into lava (and that was after spawning TWICE and not because I sucked at playing. It was an intentional spawn.) You'd be amazed at how idiotic the boff ai can be.

In fact, it happened during the Breen mission arc in the Preserver chamber. They got stuck in those green pools until they finally got their butts in gear to actually JUMP back into the fray.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-28-2011, 01:13 AM
In the Fire Caves, I used the Rally Point. Works great on that mission and didn't lose any BO's into the lava.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synaptic_Firefly
I had the same problem and was aggravated beyond measure when I ended up battling the boss with just ONE boff who was smart enough to not fall into lava (and that was after spawning TWICE and not because I sucked at playing. It was an intentional spawn.) You'd be amazed at how idiotic the boff ai can be.

In fact, it happened during the Breen mission arc in the Preserver chamber. They got stuck in those green pools until they finally got their butts in gear to actually JUMP back into the fray.

The preserver area is another place where I micro-managed my boffs movements to avoid them getting stuck or all being grouped conveniently so that the Breen boss could one shot all of us at the same time. It just takes a little extra work.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllGottenBooty
In the Fire Caves, I used the Rally Point. Works great on that mission and didn't lose any BO's into the lava.
I did as well, and lost one officer.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-29-2011, 03:04 AM
lol, it's good to know that I have to babysit my boffs to keep them from getting stuck anywhere. Good grief. :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-29-2011, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannank
It is fun! Great to see how many Boffs you can lose in the lava...
Don't forget pushing the Cardassians into the lava, that's a lot of fun, too.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-30-2011, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaran
I didn't have problems with that mission myself. Id suggest using the built in away team controls paired with the pause zone feature to keep your bridge officers on a tight leash if they are causing you issues.
I used individual rally points as well as the squad rally points. didn't work. I think Cryptic should change your boff's personality so that they don't hate life.