Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
07-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Well, this sucks.

I've really been enjoying the game, and since the demo was shut down I decided to go ahead and buy the game.

Unfortunately, now I can't access my original Lt. Com. character since it won't allow me to login with a "character that has a different type than your account". Apparently this is an error Cryptic has suffered before with CO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
07-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Umm.. I got to Lieutenant Grade 7 on my demo account.
I thought my demo was up yesterday, as I kept getting a loggin error and it brought me to a page that said I must purchase the game.
Idk what you're all talking about only being a recruit in the demo.
From the looks of things something must have bugged and I was allowed to progress further.
Anyways I purchased the game ($15), and paid for a month ($15) (total $30) and when I go to log in, I get the error "unable to play character that is different than the account" or something stupid like that.
Spoke to live support, they basically told me everything I already know, and directed me to this page.
Now I'm waiting on a ticket because I want to get refunded for the time I'm waiting for them to fix their crap.
I'm not gonna make a new character and lose 500,000 EC just because there's some "upgrade from demo to subscription" error.
If I permanently lose my character because of this nonsense, rest assured I'll be uninstalling the game and cancelling my subscription.

Real nice way to introduce folk to the game, Atari. Real nice.

Edit: Also why the HELL didn't they tell me all this crap was going down before I purchased the game?
Like guys.. I want to know about this stuff BEFORE I waste my ******n money buying your buggy trash.
I absolutely love the game, don't get me wrong, It's 10x better than any Star Wars MMORPG I've ever played, and I think it'll be better than the new one, hell it's better than WoW.
But if you can't figure out basic stuff like this with your own damn patches, I think your ability to properly manage this game speaks for itself.
I don't want to be sitting around my room, wasting days that I paid for, with my junk in my hand.
ESPECIALLY considering you've had this kind of issue with your other game, CO.
You should know what causes this problem and you should have prepared for this kind of problem from reoccurring after the first incident.
Are you not like every other human being, learning from their mistakes?
Anyways, I've ranted enough.
Just fix your problems real freakin quick so I can get back to playing, and you won't hear another peep out of me
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
07-14-2011, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rispetto View Post
Umm.. I got to Lieutenant Grade 7 on my demo account.
I thought my demo was up yesterday, as I kept getting a loggin error and it brought me to a page that said I must purchase the game.
Idk what you're all talking about only being a recruit in the demo.
From the looks of things something must have bugged and I was allowed to progress further.
Anyways I purchased the game ($15), and paid for a month ($15) (total $30) and when I go to log in, I get the error "unable to play character that is different than the account" or something stupid like that.
Spoke to live support, they basically told me everything I already know, and directed me to this page.
Now I'm waiting on a ticket because I want to get refunded for the time I'm waiting for them to fix their crap.
I'm not gonna make a new character and lose 500,000 EC just because there's some "upgrade from demo to subscription" error.
If I permanently lose my character because of this nonsense, rest assured I'll be uninstalling the game and cancelling my subscription.

Real nice way to introduce folk to the game, Atari. Real nice.

Edit: Also why the HELL didn't they tell me all this crap was going down before I purchased the game?
Like guys.. I want to know about this stuff BEFORE I waste my ******n money buying your buggy trash.
I absolutely love the game, don't get me wrong, It's 10x better than any Star Wars MMORPG I've ever played, and I think it'll be better than the new one, hell it's better than WoW.
But if you can't figure out basic stuff like this with your own damn patches, I think your ability to properly manage this game speaks for itself.
I don't want to be sitting around my room, wasting days that I paid for, with my junk in my hand.
ESPECIALLY considering you've had this kind of issue with your other game, CO.
You should know what causes this problem and you should have prepared for this kind of problem from reoccurring after the first incident.
Are you not like every other human being, learning from their mistakes?
Anyways, I've ranted enough.
Just fix your problems real freakin quick so I can get back to playing, and you won't hear another peep out of me
This is pretty much exactly what happened with me, except I got to Lt. Commander 3 I had used a friend refer trial to extend my trial to today (Friday) and purchased the game only to be locked out of my character. All I want is for them to correctly flag my original character so I can play on it. If that isn't possible, tell me now so I can ticket for a refund of the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
07-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Common guys! fix it! My friend cant play STO with this issue
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
07-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyk
Well, this sucks.

Unfortunately, now I can't access my original Lt. Com. character since it won't allow me to login with a "character that has a different type than your account". Apparently this is an error Cryptic has suffered before with CO.
This I beleive to be a reason why they shut down the demo to correct the issue people were having with this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
07-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie
This I beleive to be a reason why they shut down the demo to correct the issue people were having with this.
They did know about this, apparently, and still let people (myself included) upgrade from demo to full accounts. They should have had at least a warning when logging into a demo account instead of hiding this message four layers down on the forum, on the fourth page of an entirely inconspicuous thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Hey everyone!

I have a quick update on this issue:
Several users who are upgrading their demo account find that their character from the demo is locked and cannot be played after we have turned off the demo. This is not intentional and we're looking into this. While Customer Service cannot unlock you, I'll do my best to keep you folks posted here once I hear more on the matter.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
07-14-2011, 09:06 PM
if they go F2p then they better release the majority of the c-store stuff to paid subs especially the lifers!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
07-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyk
They did know about this, apparently, and still let people (myself included) upgrade from demo to full accounts. They should have had at least a warning when logging into a demo account instead of hiding this message four layers down on the forum, on the fourth page of an entirely inconspicuous thread.
They didn't know abot the issue untuil after the Season 4 update released, and they shut ddown the Demo access as soon as they realized the issue wasn't easily fixable. You can always request a refund; but the EULA has a clause for 'unforeseen circumstances' and also (and yes, it does suck to a degree) nothing is preventing you from starting another character until they get the issue resolved.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
07-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
They didn't know abot the issue untuil after the Season 4 update released, and they shut ddown the Demo access as soon as they realized the issue wasn't easily fixable. You can always request a refund; but the EULA has a clause for 'unforeseen circumstances' and also (and yes, it does suck to a degree) nothing is preventing you from starting another character until they get the issue resolved.
That's all true, but considering I've just paid for the full game the least they could do is keep us updated. If it's an issue with characters being flagged as a demo type char. then surely they could put in the effort to fix each one individually.

You have to understand that I'm little short of outraged at the fact that I paid to upgrade my account and as a direct result of doing so I lost access to the character I wish to play.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
07-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyk
That's all true, but considering I've just paid for the full game the least they could do is keep us updated. If it's an issue with characters being flagged as a demo type char. then surely they could put in the effort to fix each one individually.

You have to understand that I'm little short of outraged at the fact that I paid to upgrade my account and as a direct result of doing so I lost access to the character I wish to play.
I can understand completely as one of the pre-order race perks wasn't available during the 3 day STO headstart period; so I couldn't create the character I actually wanted during the headstart; so I see where you're coming from. The CR Wishstone did say they were aware and working on the issue though; and honestly, the STO Dev team is the most open and communicative dev team I've seen for any MMO (when it comes to them posting info about game issues, possible upcoming features, etc; so I'm sure whe n they have something more on the issue, they'll post something about it.

Bugs suck, and developers are human and miss things - and it does suck they didn't catch this earlier; but they're pretty good at fixing stuff - and I would think they'd want a working 9and a better) demo, as it does attract players like yourself to the full game.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:37 AM.