Lt. Commander
# 11
08-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
Might be a tech issue, I vaguely remember reading that once before. What most people seem to forget when comparing it to NX is that ISS replaces USS, not NCC.
and yet it wouldnt be anymore difficult
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starstranger
and yet it wouldnt be anymore difficult
How do you know? Are you working with the data?

Some things aren't as simple as they appear to be, I'm sorry to say.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel-Hyena
How do you know? Are you working with the data?

Some things aren't as simple as they appear to be, I'm sorry to say.

it couldnt be too much more difficult than the registery. there would be more work involved granted but it also wouldnt be some huge project tht would change any GP features.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starstranger
it couldnt be too much more difficult than the registery. there would be more work involved granted but it also wouldnt be some huge project tht would change any GP features.
It may not be huge, but it may not be simple either. Clearly the game was designed with USS as being the only designation for the Federation faction, and IKS for the Klingons.

Again, not huge, but if the game wasn't originally designed to be able to choose designations then I'm sure it'd entail a solid chunk of work in order to not only get it working, but to make sure nothing gets broken in the process. To say "it wouldn't be anymore difficult" is false, and that's the point I'm making.

Not difficult =/= Wouldn't be anymore difficult
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel-Hyena
It may not be huge, but it may not be simple either. Clearly the game was designed with USS as being the only designation for the Federation faction, and IKS for the Klingons.

Again, not huge, but if the game wasn't originally designed to be able to choose designations then I'm sure it'd entail a solid chunk of work in order to not only get it working, but to make sure nothing gets broken in the process. To say "it wouldn't be anymore difficult" is false, and that's the point I'm making.

Not difficult =/= Wouldn't be anymore difficult

True. But as ISS is already programed in the game then they would just have to work on making it avalible to players
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-05-2011, 02:18 PM
purple hull too plox
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Hmm ISS registry and the hull pattern as well please

http://www.stardestroyer.net/mrwong/...Mirro_NX01.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Sounds like one of those never will see in a million years ideas. Starfleet will never have an enemy ship do missions for them. Any possible defectors from the Terran Empire will have their ship's name changed from ISS to USS.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Sounds like one of those never will see in a million years ideas. Starfleet will never have an enemy ship do missions for them. Any possible defectors from the Terran Empire will have their ship's name changed from ISS to USS.
so... your saying... no I.S.S. and purple markings... unless we defect ? :O
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
purple hull too plox
Terran has purple hull? i thought it was a material 4 hull...