Lt. Commander
Hi, i would like to mention that since i have a very slow connection, when i get outside the loading screen an it's still loading stuff up, i can go and walk around(to make you understand, even before the beaming down effect) and see that there are still the 1st anniversary graphic around the station, only to see them disappear when all the info are loaded.. are they just made invisible? doesn't they take graphic memory and processing power for nothing?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-14-2011, 03:56 AM
They might just be saving it for the 2nd anniversary, so they dont need to put everything up again and instead just need to slightly edit the textures. Also, you can move around even BEFORE the beaming effect? Im not really an expert when it comes to computers but that sounds like more of a bug then a connection problem to me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-14-2011, 06:30 AM
it's not a bug in itself, it's just that, i discovered that a massive amount of information, like power descriptions, planet names and so on comes from the server database, so you have to load all that stuff(and also all the information about the world around you, what armor/hp the mobs have etc) and in doing so it requires a spike of at least 1,5-2mbits right after have clicked on "press any button" for a few seconds. but if you have an italian internet key as i have, at some hours of the day you could end up having a maximum download speed of 128kbit/s... not enough, and so even if your character is already loaded on the map, since you haven't downloaded it all makes the trick possible, because the transport effect i presume it's triggered when most of the info and stuff of the map it's loaded.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-16-2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganElder
it's not a bug in itself, it's just that, i discovered that a massive amount of information, like power descriptions, planet names and so on comes from the server database, so you have to load all that stuff(and also all the information about the world around you, what armor/hp the mobs have etc) and in doing so it requires a spike of at least 1,5-2mbits right after have clicked on "press any button" for a few seconds. but if you have an italian internet key as i have, at some hours of the day you could end up having a maximum download speed of 128kbit/s... not enough, and so even if your character is already loaded on the map, since you haven't downloaded it all makes the trick possible, because the transport effect i presume it's triggered when most of the info and stuff of the map it's loaded.
UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111