Lt. Commander
Lets say that as of today, the Devs could release 2 "mini-factions": Romulans and Cardassians. And lets say these mini-factions would have access to the following content:
  1. A home planet/base(using interiors that already exist)
  2. A few ships(using those that already exist in game)
  3. Star clusters(against Fed/Klingon/Borg/Undine and generic enemies which already exist in game)
  4. STFs(already exist)
  5. Fleet Actions(already exist)
  6. Crafting(already exists)
  7. PvP(already exists)
  8. Weekly episodes(already exist)
  9. Foundry missions(which people would gladly create for the storyline of each faction)
  10. Duty Officer System(about to be in game)

Here is a little taste of what a Romulan and Cardassian faction would look like:

Romulan Star Empire

Cardassian Union

What these factions wouldnt have are the faction specific PvE episodes that the Feds and KDF(to sadly lesser extent) have; at least not for a while. These factions would be released with the above content only.

So my question to you is: Would you be satisfied with "mini-factions" as described above?

*CLICK HERE TO VOTE*

After you vote, please share your thoughts
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-14-2011, 07:05 AM
One thing that factors into this for me, Nagus, is pricing. I would be much more satisfied with mini-factions (at least in the near term) if they were released for free than I would be if they were a paid expansion. If the factions were sold in the C-Store, I'd expect more independent content, and if they were sold in a box, I'd expect them to be fairly fleshed out for me to be satisfied with the product.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-14-2011, 07:06 AM
i voted yes, then saw it went to a poll that was quite old with 300 odd votes already.

if your doing a new thread, then should the poll also be a new poll, in case people have changed their minds since the last time you asked it?

that way you can at least compare opinions now to opinions when ever the poll first game out. just a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-14-2011, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i voted yes, then saw it went to a poll that was quite old with 300 odd votes already.

if your doing a new thread, then should the poll also be a new poll, in case people have changed their minds since the last time you asked it?

that way you can at least compare opinions now to opinions when ever the poll first game out. just a thought.
Updated
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-14-2011, 07:17 AM
I most certainly will make a new char if there is a new faction in the game. But overall i think ide prefer a more fully prepared faction over lets say .... a year .....

More to the point of the topic, yea that content would make me happy enough. Although more ship designs are out there for each of the 2 possible factions. And their homeworld (like Qo'nos) isnt something you just make in a week. even with as you say "mini-factions" it will still be a while before you see it.

o and, obviously. Jem'hadar ship designs should also go with the Cardy faction. They prob already have the infrastructure to build those left over from the Dominion war.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-14-2011, 07:22 AM
I am fine with mini-factions. However, I think that the beginning rank should be the equivalent of Captain and not anything lower. I mean one of the main reasons why there is such a huge gap in content for Klingons is that Klingons start out at Lieutant.

Starting off at a higher rank prevents the need for all the different ships and all the content filler to get to the high rank.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-14-2011, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricO
their homeworld (like Qo'nos) isnt something you just make in a week.
Dont forget, they have already built a pretty impressive Romulan capital city for the last Featured Episode series
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Lets say that as of today, the Devs could release 2 "mini-factions": Romulans and Cardassians. And lets say these mini-factions would have access to the following content:
  1. A home planet/base(using interiors that already exist)
  2. A few ships(using those that already exist in game)
  3. Star clusters(against Fed/Klingon/Borg/Undine and generic enemies which already exist in game)
  4. STFs(already exist)
  5. Fleet Actions(already exist)
  6. Crafting(already exists)
  7. PvP(already exists)
  8. Weekly episodes(already exist)
  9. Foundry missions(which people would gladly create for the storyline of each faction)
Honestly, I'd love to see ALL factions available for play in-game someday. I think "mini-factions" as outlined above is probably the only way this will ever happen.

There just isn't enough developer resources available to do each race with unique content. Look how the KDF players are struggling - heck for that matter even the Feds, for new content.

So yes, I'm all for new factions added to the game, just with the understanding that they will always be lacking unique content (or any content at all other than listed above) - and I'm not sure that would make some people happy.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-14-2011, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Dont forget, they have already built a pretty impressive Romulan capital city for the last Featured Episode series
While impresse for sure! im betting it also took more then a week to build. And also it had 0 functionality. It just had to look good ... sortofspeak. Well you know what i mean I hope they make the Cardy homeworld with those walkways and viewscreens like in the Ds9 Series.

There is a scene where you see a couple of Soldiers looking down from a walkway towards a screen on a wall. Sadly i cant seem to find a (decent) picture of it. Only found a tiny version of it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-14-2011, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricO
While impresse for sure! im betting it also took more then a week to build. And also it had 0 functionality. It just had to look good ... sortofspeak. Well you know what i mean
Oh I agree. My point is its already been made now and can be used for a future Rom faction. All you would need to add are the vendors and bank areas.