Lt. Commander
# 1 Question for Specific People
07-14-2011, 07:48 AM
Hi there, last night (US evening time of 7.14) I was facing a couple of pretty good players in Otha, Risa and Dren (or Drea). I asked in zone chat, but they didn't respond, so maybe they'll respond here - what armor/shields were you using? I'd like to know.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-17-2011, 03:26 AM
The best way to ask someone something and get an answer is to get their @Handles and send them a pm.... they could have zone chat disabled so they don't get any spam coming through *Cough Cough* ESD....
Hope this helps.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Yeah, the issue is I don't think to do that while I have them targeted because I'm busy fighting, and as far as I know there's no other way to get an @handle unless they talk.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-17-2011, 05:48 PM
You can also type /who and it will post up the people in your zone. Sometimes it won't show everyone but I suspect the are set to invisible or something. I was there but I suspect you weren't interested in my very OP [Respawn]x2 body armor.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
You can also type /who and it will post up the people in your zone. Sometimes it won't show everyone but I suspect the are set to invisible or something. I was there but I suspect you weren't interested in my very OP [Respawn]x2 body armor.
careful though, it seems that it shows EVERYONE in every matches not related to yours as well. i was 1v1 and did it to make sure they got in and it showed 10+ people (space pvp)
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Yeah, that's new. It used to show only who was in your zone/same rank. Can get annoying during PvP matches now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-18-2011, 12:03 AM
We are now also seeing zone chat from other PvP Arenas and CnHs.

It's kinda irritating when you read a message "Stop spawn-camping" when everyone is flying at the ceiling of the map, only to realize eventually that the message was from "Zone #4".
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-18-2011, 07:48 AM
Huh. There was a bug a while back where I would see PvP chat - even though I was in, say, sector space.

Anyways, the people in question I was fighting in Otha, not a match, and a lot of people have themselves set to anonymous, so you can't see them in the social window. But it does work for those who haven't set themselves that way.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-19-2011, 04:50 AM
most of the people ive talked to dont bother with armors and stack engineering consoles that boost shield power/weapons power/ power transfer (EPS) A good resillient shield array with relevent energy weapons resist ie Phaser/Antiproton and heal powers i suspect are what keep them from getting blow up
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaffargue
most of the people ive talked to dont bother with armors and stack engineering consoles that boost shield power/weapons power/ power transfer (EPS) A good resillient shield array with relevent energy weapons resist ie Phaser/Antiproton and heal powers i suspect are what keep them from getting blow up
Mmmk, but what about the armor/shields that keep people from being vaporized? On the ground?