Lt. Commander
I've asked around about this subject, but just can't seem to wrap my mind around this topic. Since this is an important aspect of the game, I would very much like to understand it.
  • I would like to be able to tell what a weapons actual damage output is in a single volley based on damage / dps.
  • I would like to be able to compare weapons so that I might choose the one with the highest damage based on dps so that I might choose the right one for myself (both ground and space).
Any input here would be most welcome.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpadgett371 View Post
I've asked around about this subject, but just can't seem to wrap my mind around this topic. Since this is an important aspect of the game, I would very much like to understand it.
  • I would like to be able to tell what a weapons actual damage output is in a single volley based on damage / dps.
  • I would like to be able to compare weapons so that I might choose the one with the highest damage based on dps so that I might choose the right one for myself (both ground and space).
Any input here would be most welcome.

Thanks.
I heartedly recommend Nagoraks Starship DPS calculator program here:-
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=195929

A very useful tool.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alendiak
I heartedly recommend Nagoraks Starship DPS calculator program here:-
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=195929

A very useful tool.
I highly recommend that tool - I always use it before even considering switching weapons loadouts.

Also, if you're still looking for damage per volley numbers, STOWiki has the base dpv value for all weapons listed on their weapons tables.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-15-2011, 11:15 PM
DPS, DPV and burst damage aren't the name of the game alone. You'll have to consider the target as well.
Everything from defense from speed to resists to natural or augmented heals-over-time as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the advice, pointers and suggestions; however, it isn't answering my question.

There are other modifiers that effect damage...that's a given, but what I want to know is the relationship between Damage and DPS so that I can get a base, vanilla, unmodified, actual damage number being done with each shot.

Anyone who knows about this and how to get that number, I'd appreciate a reply. Learning this will save me a great deal of expense as the only way I know how to determine which weapons to use is to buy one of each, go pick a fight, and watch which weapon does the most damage.

NOTE: I am as interested in ground damage as I am space, maybe more so with the range changes and introduction of new weapons.

Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-18-2011, 05:19 PM
As far as I know the tooltip in game gives actual, dynamic DPS value.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-20-2011, 03:24 AM
Captain Collier's ground combat guide should help you then. In my sig 2nd one down.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazumaKat
Captain Collier's ground combat guide should help you then. In my sig 2nd one down.
I the ground combat is good, i recommend it.

the Program i do not, it is not accurate enough and leaves off too many variables and simple things (torps) that can affect DPS. There is not much diff in weaponology overall, your own in game weapon console with full power to weapons will show you max outpute damage you can do far more accurately. Use a simple calculator to figure the rest up.