Lt. Commander
# 11
07-17-2011, 10:31 AM
its greed. when you guys realiaze that they dont care about you but the money then the c-store will not change unless you change. if the customer makes it clear this is not acceptable any more thenthe company will change the tone
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Sure Sure

*pats head*

Now, to reality.

The prices aren't determined by the guys making the game, only those funding it. Different people, point fingers correctly.

The less the c-store is used, the more expensive it will be as there will always be those that will spend ANYTHING for that piece of candy.

Please, no self defeating proposals.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius39

The less the c-store is used, the more expensive it will be as there will always be those that will spend ANYTHING...
Partially true but ideally as a business you try to strike a balance so players buy/invest into the game. At this rate, I won't fully commit to this game. I'll take a wait and see attitude with the C-Store for now. I won't buy tokens and then see them halfed by Perfect World.
Lt. Commander
# 14 Way, Way Overpriced
07-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentX View Post
This seems like so much. I was looking at the store and I can only buy a few items with this.

Can I get these items in the game without having to pay? $25.00 I could pay but $62.50 is serious...why not just make it $100.00?
I'm from South Africa, and that costs me R 432,00. It literally costs me the same as if I was purchasing an entire new copy of the game each time. Not fair at all in terms of value for money. And I've bought about 6x so you do the maths.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
I'm from South Africa, and that costs me R 432,00. It literally costs me the same as if I was purchasing an entire new copy of the game each time. Not fair at all in terms of value for money. And I've bought about 6x so you do the maths.
So you have/bought everything right? I imagined that is what it would take to buy everything($375.00 USD) Are you happy with the stuff so far? I think I may be a content creator here now...not a player(I'll level 1 to the top).
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-17-2011, 02:39 PM
The C-store helps the game afford to pay people to create more things, its a cycle of which many games have. Think of all the DLC things you buy for you Xbox and PS. Many games today all have addons that will cost you money,

It may be just a game to most, but, in reality its a business that happens to run a game. If you don't like the items, don't buy anything. Nothing in the C-store is needed to play the game, I've got friends who've purchased nothing. They still have fun, one of my friends even grinded for a Nebula.

Again its not greed, its a business that runs a game. For those of you with jobs, you get paid for what you do. Would you spend all your time at work for no pay? Yes, some of you pay a sub, but that's to keep the servers running. It doesn't entitle you to get anything for free.

It gets on my nerves when people complain about wanting free stuff, get a job. Not trying to be rude, but, this games really cheap. As I've mentioned before, priorities..........
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-17-2011, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
The C-store helps the game afford to pay people to create more things, its a cycle of which many games have. Think of all the DLC things you buy for you Xbox and PS. Many games today all have addons that will cost you money,

It may be just a game to most, but, in reality its a business that happens to run a game. If you don't like the items, don't buy anything. Nothing in the C-store is needed to play the game, I've got friends who've purchased nothing. They still have fun, one of my friends even grinded for a Nebula.

Again its not greed, its a business that runs a game. For those of you with jobs, you get paid for what you do. Would you spend all your time at work for no pay? Yes, some of you pay a sub, but that's to keep the servers running. It doesn't entitle you to get anything for free.

It gets on my nerves when people complain about wanting free stuff, get a job. Not trying to be rude, but, this games really cheap. As I've mentioned before, priorities..........

I don't think anyone was complaining about wanting free stuff. It's the value of the points. I don't think I've asked for any free content. I bought the game, paid the monthly sub...

Also, I only play PC. I don't bother with a console games(for kids).
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-17-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
Of course, Atari sold Cryptic, so how long will Atari points be used in game?.
Will we be using Perfect World tokens next week?
If so, what happens to my Atari tokens?
I don't see them voiding all those stored points we have, it would be a PR nightmare. I'm sure it will convert into Cryptic points. Perfect World I believe will be more of a silent owner, they want to use Cryptics game engine for their games. Plus seeing as a majority of their pbase is in China, they won't do much to change the game. Seeing as this game is illegal to play in China.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-17-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
I don't see them voiding all those stored points we have, it would be a PR nightmare. I'm sure it will convert into Cryptic points. Perfect World I believe will be more of a silent owner, they want to use Cryptics game engine for their games. Plus seeing as a majority of their pbase is in China, they won't do much to change the game. Seeing as this game is illegal to play in China.
STO Is Illegal In China? I wasn't hoping they would void them but I'm hoping the new system will be more "value" based. As another person said above, it's like buying a new game every time.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentX View Post
I don't think anyone was complaining about wanting free stuff. It's the value of the points. I don't think I've asked for any free content. I bought the game, paid the monthly sub...

Also, I only play PC. I don't bother with a console games(for kids).
Some people feel entitled to free things because they sub, I wanted to get my point out of the way. I've been paying for 3 accounts on CoH since 2004, I wish they had a lifetime option. Saves a lot of money in the long run, also makes it easy to buy all the shiney stuff.