Lt. Commander
# 1 Captain's Log Reviews Season 4
07-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Massively's Captain's Log recaps and reviews the recently released Season Four. You'll find the article here.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-14-2011, 04:09 PM
The article would be ok if he didnt make silly comments like this:

Quote:
While there have been a few snags along the way with some bugs making it past Cryptic's "white-glove" QA process, the update was a success and players are having more fun than ever before.
Are some? Yes? Are all? Hardly. Dont try to cover things up, be honest. Some are enjoying it, some arent. Good games dont need people try to sugar coat reality.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Yes, a little too "everything's fine, move along please."

Just pointing out the good is not a balanced review. Makes me wonder just what kind of kickbacks are being thrown around.

~As everything, this is just IMO and YMMV.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-14-2011, 04:16 PM
It's a Conspiracy!

C-O-N...

SPIRACY!
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philoso_Raptor

Are some? Yes? Are all? Hardly. Dont try to cover things up, be honest. Some are enjoying it, some arent. Good games dont need people try to sugar coat reality.
Harsh, but accurate. A lot of players have been inconvenienced by the PvE queues just not working. The patch on Tribble might fix things up, but we'll have to test to be sure.

Certainly, Season 4 was mostly met positively, but it hasn't all been sunshine and lollipops :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
It's a Conspiracy!

C-O-N...

SPIRACY!
That's The Truth there... :p

But in all seriousness... the review of the new stuff isn't that bad
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Hi guys, I typically don't respond to comments about my entries but I wanted to clear up a few things if that is alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philoso_Raptor

In all honesty, I have yet to personally talk to a friend or fleetmate who is not having more fun than pre-season four. I am not trying to sugar coat anything as the article is clearly tagged as "opinion" and it is just that, my opinion. Are people unhappy with bugs? Yeah, of course. But that doesn't mean most people are not having more fun than before. I also never said "all players"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KappaTau
Yes, a little too "everything's fine, move along please."

Just pointing out the good is not a balanced review. Makes me wonder just what kind of kickbacks are being thrown around.

~As everything, this is just IMO and YMMV.
I value your opinion, as well as everyone else's who posted. The review does point out a few bugs that have crept up, though. I still stand behind my opinion that the S4 launch with the smoothest of them all. As far of kickbacks, there are none. I write what I want, say what I want, and Cryptic decides whether they want everyone else to know about it by posting it up. If you have read all my past articles, you would see that I have been honest and fair in my reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
It's a Conspiracy!

C-O-N...

SPIRACY!
----v

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredCasden
That's The Truth there... :p

But in all seriousness... the review of the new stuff isn't that bad
No conspiracy here I'm just a dedicated and passionate player with my own opinion
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Oh, and also, thanks for reading and even taking the time to comment
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Well, most of the new updates seem to have fixed the major bugs, except for the Foundry being broke, that is. I do agree that all ground missions are more fun now (heck, even the exploration random ground missions.)

However, Cryptic should get a move on and fix the Foundry already. Also, they should really check the code for future updates and make sure that further updates (such as the upcoming DOFF system, etc.) don't "break" The Foundry again...
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Hey Brandon!

Wish you were back on your podcast. Your missed

I would express my own thoughts on Season 4, but for the majority, even dislclaiming that you are speaking your opinion still brings out the anger and "my way or highway" mentality one way or the other.