Lt. Commander
# 21
07-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Yeah, 1 sided articles dont help the game at all; they actually hurt it. How? Well if someone is thinking about trying the game and reads some 1 sided article thats only going to get their hopes unrealistically high, and that only leads to disappointment. Articles that discuss both the good and the bad aspects of the game are what do the most benefit because they give people a real perspective to go on.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-14-2011, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowjive55 View Post
You just fail to mention it in your articles when you make statements like "players are having more fun than ever before". Gotcha.
But they are having more fun than ever before... "they," nor "players," mean "every single person."
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James.T.Picard
Yeah, 1 sided articles dont help the game at all; they actually hurt it. How? Well if someone is thinking about trying the game and reads some 1 sided article thats only going to get their hopes unrealistically high, and that only leads to disappointment. Articles that discuss both the good and the bad aspects of the game are what do the most benefit because they give people a real perspective to go on.
Im confused. It was a review for S4 and my own opinion. I'm entitled to my opinion just like you are
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfelczer View Post
But they are having more fun than ever before... "they," nor "players," mean "every single person."
Yet when you only mention the people that are, it makes it sound like everyone is, even without using that word. But I'm sure that was intentional. Its how most PR work is done.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-14-2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfelczer View Post
Im confused. It was a review for S4 and my own opinion. I'm entitled to my opinion just like you are
Hey dont get me wrong; I like S4 too. The difference between you and I is I am not blinded to the negatives. I can acknowledge both the good and bad in something, and if I'm going to tell a person about it then I'm going to give them both sides not just the one seen through rose colored glasses. Painting a 1 sided picture doesnt help anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Let's get something straight - the whole point of a forum is to hear different opinions.

Some will say S4 is completely broken, others will say S4 is fantastic.

I'm not sure anyone has the right to say others should have to present all sides of an argument in an opinion piece, let alone that they shouldn't voice said opinion.

In my own opinion it's high time to get some perspective:

1) Most of the bugs will be ironed out (if not already) within days, not weeks or months or years.

2) The amount of 'rage' (whinging) is unjustified - 50 threads about a minor inconvience doesn't make it a major issue - it's still just 50 threads about a minor inconvience.

3) People here are ACTUALLY complaining that people aren't complaining enough about S4..!?!
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James.T.Picard
Hey dont get me wrong; I like S4 too. The difference between you and I is I am not blinded to the negatives. I can acknowledge both the good and bad in something, and if I'm going to tell a person about it then I'm going to give them both sides not just the one seen through rose colored glasses. Painting a 1 sided picture doesnt help anyone.
Exactly my point. It never ceases to amaze me how both the fanboys and the haters refuse to even acknowledge the other side of the spectrum. Fanboys pretend everything is perfect and wont talk about anything negative, and haters pretend everything sucks and wont talk about anything that postive. Both groups are equally blinded by bias and therefore cannot give people a truly realistic opinion of the game. Is it really too much to ask for someone who can discuss both the good and the bad without pretending one doesnt exist? I guess so.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-15-2011, 12:44 AM
To be honest, I'm not enjoying season 4 that much. It's more bells and whistles than substance. It's not a season you can sink your teeth into. The Fleet Action and PvE queues are a mess for reasons already mentioned, the Foundry being broken takes away a lot of my new content, the STFs I'm not too thrilled about, I like the way they were before to be honest. As a player looking for stuff to do at end game, I'm not having fun. We need an update on when we are getting these fixes and when new content is coming-- they don't have to be soon-- but really an ETA would be nice. I'm a lifer and this is the first time I feel STO has really let me down. shm
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-15-2011, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayngo_Fhett
Is it really too much to ask for someone who can discuss both the good and the bad without pretending one doesnt exist? I guess so.
Guess you've never read/heard any podcasts, blogs, dj shows etc then...