Lt. Commander
# 111
08-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
I've handed this sky file over to the environment team and they are going to work it in to future maps. Although I've heard they have made their own changes to it... hopefully it's good and dark. You know.. like space.
In the Foundry, we can use any of the sector space lighting for maps. Which is what I've started using to represent deep space. I hadn't thought about it but that should be possible for all maps, although the ESD map in the Foundry is the old ESD and Vulcan doesn't have the space station.
Lt. Commander
# 112
08-09-2011, 06:42 PM
the windows look awesome! glad to see additions like this, assuming we arnt going to be charged for them
Lt. Commander
# 113
08-10-2011, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
I'm in the process of putting in the KDF winpods right now. They should patch in soon.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...9-14-08-07.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...9-14-07-46.jpg
Please please please tell me whatever new skin you guys are making for the K'Tanco gets rid of those bud-fugly and unnecessary upside-down wedges on her belly?
Lt. Commander
# 114
08-10-2011, 08:36 AM
I always quite liked those wedges, but then again, I found the K'tanco cool looking but impractical to use what with it's 2 fore 2 aft weapons layout.

That screencap of it looks great though, can't wait until these are in game!
Lt. Commander
# 115
08-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meynolt View Post
What side are you doing them on? And I've got to be perfectly honest, the STFs as they are now have never been easier. Used to be a way harder chore before S4. Contact me ingame via a mail or a tell and we'll figure out what went wrong on your runs
not to mention before they raised the levelcap!
Lt. Commander
# 116
08-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Asa small thought, given the klingon predeliction for red lighting.....the lights should have a red ting to them
Lt. Commander
# 117
08-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiric_hoshi View Post
The B'Rel is more than half the size of the Hegh'Ta, so in order to give it a "B'Rel skin" it would have to be supersized to match the Hegh'Ta's hull, making it 350m in size. That means its a K'Vort class Bird of Prey.

However, the T5 Bird of Prey is a Raider. The K'Vort is a Cruiser. So the two obviously do not fit despite a similarity in size.

Bottom line: The T5 Bird of Prey "Hegh'Ta" should not have a B'Rel-like skin.
Then why does the heghta not have more hull than a defiant, its far larger, the heghta is ridiculously huge. I for one would like the carrier sized b'rel as a costume option!
Lt. Commander
# 118
08-30-2011, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12guageshotgun
Then why does the heghta not have more hull than a defiant, its far larger, the heghta is ridiculously huge. I for one would like the carrier sized b'rel as a costume option!
It's bigger as in "legth" and "width", but look at the ships themselves.
The Defiant is roughly turtle-shaped, meaning it is rather sturdy and compact while the Hegh'ta has a spindly thin hull with large yet not really thick wings.
So it's like saying an antenna mast must be togher than a truck because the mast is bigger.
Lt. Commander
# 119
08-30-2011, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12guageshotgun
The problem is what the hull is shaped like...how much mass it has versus what little spindles it has...etc..
Lt. Commander
# 120
09-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
No, the ships being worked on are a set of lower-tier non-Klingon KDF ships - Orion, Nausicaan and Gorn, two each. The Gorn ships being worked on are science vessels (unsurprisingly), whereas the Orion ships are light carriers, and the Nausicaan ships are closer to Raptors, though they have their differences.
So, you have Gorn, Nausicaan, and Orion vessels, 2 each, confirmed for lower levels

And, in addition, a few twitter pics CaptLogan let slip (including a glimpse of his workspace ):
http://twitpic.com/6enzrk
http://twitpic.com/6emuxz

Enjoy!