Lt. Commander
# 11
07-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Yeah It's great...

These new skins will sit on a shelf for as long as it takes to get a new skin for every Fed ship 1st, some more reworked Feds episodes, some more Fed costume pieces, perhaps another featured series or 2, new Fed ships, disable some more KDF content, more Fed ships, more reworked Fed episodes, and then they will be offered in the c-store, as part of another "great" KDF update.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
I will believe it when I fly my D5.
i don't know if the D5 is a separate ship or a variant... but that's no reason to not believe this announcement
after all, this is CaptLogan, and he is a reliable, if overworked man (he only works on them, he doesn't decide if they end up in the C-Store or not)
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Hopefully the ships will be soon announced, but I got the impression that the new ships would be lower tier Orion, Gorn, and Nausciaan ships. But if the D5 makes it in, hopefully it would be an alternative to the current Tier 2 cruiser.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-18-2011, 08:30 PM
Update from the July Engineering Report:
Quote:
[*]Ship Variants for these classes: Akira, Connie, Intrepid, Galaxy, Defiant, Raptor, BoP, and Battlecruiser
Notice how they don't specify which ones? I personally think it means they'll be a variant for every single one if this turns out to be true, the KDF will get MORE variants than the Feds (about time too ) CaptLogan's quote on the first page makes this a little more likely
but that's just me... what do you guys think?
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Where oh where did you find that loverly little nugget? I want to read that entire thread/interview/account, every last line.

Here:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...01#post3650701

KBF as a (tiny) Fleet fully support such a project.
I strongly encourage all who would support to respecfully express that support in this thread...
Let's see how many would strongly support and approve such a thing there are out there...
Maybe if enough hands are raised he will get the support he needs from the Big Bosses to go head full steam on such a project and make it happen sooner rather than later.

Raise the Flags of your House in support of CapnLogan!
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-19-2011, 12:33 AM
I fully support any new ships for the KDF as long as they are not C-Store stuff. We are lacking in ship skins compared to the blue side and I don't simple want to be milked for content which sould have been in the game at release.

Tha fact that they are looking for more Klingon ships more then a year after release speaks for itself.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-19-2011, 12:50 AM
Well thats the best STO news I've read this month. Hopefully Capt Logan can get these done and give us a nice Christmas present.

Lt. Commander
# 18
07-19-2011, 12:55 AM
If they are only skins for existing ships they might be free. Might be. Although IŽll doubt it.
If we get some new ships like the crossovers at Fed side (Excel, MVAM, Dkyr) theyŽll be 100% in the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-19-2011, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1restarter
If they are only skins for existing ships they might be free. Might be. Although IŽll doubt it.
Almost none of the other reskins (Imperial for the assault cruiser, Nimbus for the DSSV, Tor'kaht for the Vor'cha, etc.) have been free, so I don't see why that would change. I think the only ones I've seen that were free were the Qu'Daj reskin for the Negh'var and the Koloth reskin for the B'rel, I think those were patched in at some point.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-19-2011, 02:41 AM
That would mean the KDF would again be kicked by the devs.