Lt. Commander
# 41
07-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
KDF captains, new variants are coming for you, and bound to come sooner than later Just thought I'd let you all know

NOTE: everything in the above quote is not set in stone: they are the hopes of an honorable hard-working man, so keep that in mind

This is great information - although informal, it definitely brightens the future for the KDF!
Lt. Commander
# 42
07-23-2011, 08:24 AM
So wait, there are no tier 5 KDF ships incoming, just the lower tiers, aside from the possible flagship?
Lt. Commander
# 43
07-23-2011, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
So wait, there are no tier 5 KDF ships incoming, just the lower tiers, aside from the possible flagship?
Yeah, that's what the information states so far..
Lt. Commander
# 44
07-23-2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Yup, but tehere were leak month ago on tribble with new Brel skin for lower and tier 5, here
Lt. Commander
# 45
07-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Why waste development time on lower tiers? Youre only in those ships for a few hours. Make Tier 5 ships, or at least make retrofit tier 5 versions of the lower tier ships (like the nebula and excel). No one cares about lower tier ships.
Lt. Commander
# 46
07-23-2011, 09:42 AM
I disagree...a few hours? You know Capn Logan was working on Klingon ships, right?
Don't the Feds have like a biziliion ship skin/options already? dang, greedy...
I don't know how you rank to above T5 ships as a Klingon in a few hours...
Most folks who have to work and do all that other RL stuff only have a few hours a week to play.
I'm happy that Cryptic as a whole is giving the Klingons just about anything new, especially considering after a year and a half we still have very little by comparison to "the other faction".
CapnLogan has been taken off the new skins project for a bit anyway, but not before he finished the BoP line.

Thank you Capn Logan! He has even vowed (well, Ok, he said he might) to work on weekends to continue the Klingon skins project.
Now that's dedication. If we only had more who in Cryptic with the heart of a Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 47
07-23-2011, 09:57 AM
The point is, if Klingons are actually going to get something, it should be useful in the long term. You are only in Tier 1-4 for a limited amount of time, and it adds nothing to most players who are already at top tier. Dont get me wrong, its nice to see effort being put towards the KDF, but the content should actually be useful and add to the length of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 48
07-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Quote:
The point is, if Klingons are actually going to get something, it should be useful in the long term. You are only in Tier 1-4 for a limited amount of time, and it adds nothing to most players who are already at top tier. Dont get me wrong, its nice to see effort being put towards the KDF, but the content should actually be useful and add to the length of the game.
you do have a point, but endgame content is already being worked on, and will come when they think it's ready... these variants are to hold us over for awhile, along with the next Featured Series and the Enterprise-F (for Feds to fly, and KDF to blow up )
oh, and the Duty Officer system as well true it's not 'true' content, but it'll definitely give us stuff to do and stuff to explore
Lt. Commander
# 49
07-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizzak
Yeah It's great...

These new skins will sit on a shelf for as long as it takes to get a new skin for every Fed ship 1st, some more reworked Feds episodes, some more Fed costume pieces, perhaps another featured series or 2, new Fed ships, disable some more KDF content, more Fed ships, more reworked Fed episodes, and then they will be offered in the c-store, as part of another "great" KDF update.

sounds accurate. I mainly play Fed, but I love my kling characters, and really wish they would get more love. In all honesty, feds are spoiled rotten when it comes to content, they need to be shelfed completely and let the staff focus on fixing up KDF before pushing any new fed stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 50
07-24-2011, 10:22 AM
i can understand you guys are skeptic... but still, we can trust CaptLogan to give us these new variants, whether they become c-store or not because of the other devs