Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
I swear Cryptic is using some of its exploration missions for some sly social commentary.

There's no other explanation for this alien race that is having trouble with the Borg, and all they ever ask for is Entertainment Provisions.

It's almost like their Government doesn't want a mass population panic in the face of threat, and instead of being honest with their people, they instead try to misdirect and subdue them so that they remain subservient and under the Government's thumb... at least the Borg are honest about it!

And also, what's the Federation doing helping them? I must admit I can't bring myself to give them what they ask for :p
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-14-2011, 06:19 PM
It has been known on this planet for foreign governments to buy up PS2s and XBoxes for later conversion or military uses.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-14-2011, 06:22 PM
I think your commentary says more about you then the mission text says about Cryptic.

Maybe the survivors are just looking for a little fun to take their minds off the fact that everyone else was scooped up and turned into a drone?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
I think your commentary says more about you then the mission text says about Cryptic.

Maybe the survivors are just looking for a little fun to take their minds off the fact that everyone else was scooped up and turned into a drone?
Maybe, but if everyone was just assimilated why are the survivors burying their heads in entertainment? It's not like Starfleet had a party after Wolf 359 :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
It has been known on this planet for foreign governments to buy up PS2s and XBoxes for later conversion or military uses.
Not just foreign countries. It came out that the Navy had a number of them after Sony disabled the alternate OS feature. PS3s running Linux were some of the most cost effective cluster computing solutions on the market.

OP, you're reading an awful lot into an exploration sector mission. The Borg government also disavowed responsibility for the Borg pirates raiding ships belonging to the same alien race. Random content generation can create some apparent commentary once in a while, but most of the time it just produced ridiculousness. Like the "mysterious carnivorous plants" that are clearly rocks I'm asked to scan from time to time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
Maybe, but if everyone was just assimilated why are the survivors burying their heads in entertainment? It's not like Starfleet had a party after Wolf 359 :p
No, but you should have seen the epic rave on Quo'nos!
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-15-2011, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Random content generation can create some apparent commentary once in a while, but most of the time it just produced ridiculousness. Like the "mysterious carnivorous plants" that are clearly rocks I'm asked to scan from time to time.
I had one of them once. They turned up as pillars like you see in the "Gaurdian Of Forever" ground map...
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-15-2011, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
I had one of them once. They turned up as pillars like you see in the "Gaurdian Of Forever" ground map...
I had that one last night! nearly but that one in as a bug
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-15-2011, 08:07 AM
I once had a Borg rant about how he hates the Federation.

I'm serious, it was one of those "Save the colony" type of ground mission.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-15-2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
I once had a Borg rant about how he hates the Federation.

I'm serious, it was one of those "Save the colony" type of ground mission.
Maybe it was one of Hugh's Borg?!