Lt. Commander
Hey guys,
I recently resubscribed to Star Trek Online and I have been experiencing numerous problems with zoning into different sectors, planets, and parts of missions. I originally had a fresh install from Steam, but after all of those problems I have recently deleted that and installed the game from scratch via DVD. Unfortunately the problems persist.

The symptoms : Whenever I zone (be it to a planet, sector, space station, or mission) the star ship or ground party will become unresponsive about 30% of the time. You cannot accelerate in a ship, or move your ground crew around. There is no engine thrust animation although I can hear the sounds of the engine power increasing. On the ground or in space none of the intro cinematics will trigger. There are no mission updates or briefing, just an eerie world of half rendered objects and in some cases, just space with no planets.

I am unable to log out of the game or quit to Windows. It's like I am in a time freeze. I have to manually close the program and start over from the launcher. Then the game, once loaded, will have the proper mission start intro (ship flying in or my crew being teleported) animations and the mission can be played with no problems. This will last for about 20 minutes until the game hangs again on a new mission. I played STO on this system about a year ago with no issues whatsoever. I do not experience and crashing or graphical problems. The only problem I experience is when the zone fails to load properly.

I have disabled on demand patching and downloaded the 4 gigs or so of updates up-front. Framerate is super-solid and I have no other issues. I do not use a router.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Ahh, when it does these strange things I get a "Disconnected from Server" message after about 15 seconds of zoning problems.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Hello,

All day today I have experienced an issue where I am Disconnected From Server within 1 minute of login. This just started today, and I don't know why. It's quite frustrating. I have submitted a ticket from the website (since I could not do so fast enough from within the game.)
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Some players have reported that disabling Vivox voice chat in the options menu smetimes has resolved some connection issues.

Could also try switching Proxy servers in the launcher as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2012, 12:41 PM
yeah been having this exact problem for two days now, its sad cos it literally stops me from playing the game, and hey, i love the game. but if they dont fix this i guess is their loss in the end, im not the one that is loosing potential clients.